PO now: Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner/Songs for Silverman reissues

3 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

Received both of these over the weekend. Phenomenal packaging and pressings on both of them. Now, if they'd only just do the rest of his discography...

In fairness, a couple years ago the entire BFF and BF discography was OOP on vinyl.

Now we have WAEA, Rockin The Suburbs, Reinhold Messner, and Silverman. Live In Perth is coming for RSD. Way To Normal is technically OOP, but copies don't go for that much.

The only truly "missing" titles are Ben Folds Live (still very expensive) and Ben Folds Five S/T. (The 2011 Plain repress doesn't count, because it was awful... and anyway it's OOP now too.) 

I'd personally like to see Sunnyspeedgraphic issued on vinyl for the first time, or (even better) just release all 3 EPs in one 3X12" set at 45 RPM.

27 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Both are on 1 LP. Didn't notice anything wrong with the pressing, though.

So what's the tracking like? how many songs on side 1?

Wait, it doesn't include Bitches Ain't Shit then does it?

EDIT - figured it out. 'Bitches Ain't Shit' is not included. Tracking is 1-5/6-11

Edited by niblips

17 minutes ago, niblips said:

EDIT - figured it out. 'Bitches Ain't Shit' is not included. Tracking is 1-5/6-11

Mannnnnn... the OG pressing had "Bitches Ain't Shit"?

As Snoop/Ben once said: "I'm heartbroken, but I'm still locked."

38 minutes ago, niblips said:

Yeah I wish that was still on it. I have a little sound degradation towards the end of side A on S4S, sounds great up until halfway through Gracie. 

15 minutes ago, mondie said:

I missed out on a red Reinhold and already prices on the secondary market are going silly, damn this hobby!!

https://www.shugarecords.com/products/benfoldsfive-unauthorizedbiographyofreinholdmessner-newvinyl2017concordmusiclimitededitiongatefold180gramopaqueredvinylreissueltdto500-powerpopalt-rock

54 minutes ago, niblips said:

yeah, i was really hoping to have that version. Maybe i'll have to find an original instead.... more money though.

If you want Bitches Ain't Shit, just get the Landed 7". It's very cheap.

https://www.discogs.com/Ben-Folds-Landed/release/745561

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

didn't realize that Bitches Ain't Shit was the b-side to the Landed single until checking out discogs today.... i have a love/hate relationship with 7inch singles though. I love that there are often songs that you can't get anywhere else included on the flip side to some 7inchs, but i hate getting up off my ass to change/flip the record so often.

2 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

If you want Bitches Ain't Shit, just get the Landed 7". It's very cheap.

https://www.discogs.com/Ben-Folds-Landed/release/745561

LOL - great minds think alike...i was just checking that out..... ^^^