PO: Death - The Sound of Perseverance

GOTCHA

Holy shit, did relapse really up the price once the /300 sold out? It said 23.99 + shipping when I bought it, now the picture disc is at 29.99 + shipping. I've really enjoyed Relapse over the years, but they're seriously milking these Death reissues any way they can, but I'm not surprised since they reissued and remastered version of a Mastodon album that didn't need to be remastered in the first place, then put it in a boxset.

Edited by Reshiram454

17 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Holy shit, did relapse really up the price once the /300 sold out? It said 23.99 + shipping when I bought it, now it's at 29.99 + shipping. I've really enjoyed Relapse over the years, but they're seriously milking these Death reissues any way they can, but I'm not surprised since they reissued and remastered version of a Mastodon album that didn't need to be remastered in the first place, then put it in a boxset.

What's $29.99?  The thing no one can buy anymore?

Well since I double posted, I might as well take this opportunity to say I love all Death albums, I think the vocals on Perseverance have always bothered me, but they're undoubtedly the greatest death metal band of all time...not trying to shit on them here.

Edited by hammertime

23 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Holy shit, did relapse really up the price once the /300 sold out? It said 23.99 + shipping when I bought it, now it's at 29.99 + shipping. I've really enjoyed Relapse over the years, but they're seriously milking these Death reissues any way they can, but I'm not surprised since they reissued and remastered version of a Mastodon album that didn't need to be remastered in the first place, then put it in a boxset.

$29.99 is the price of the picture disc. If you click the black, and then click back on the red/gold, it shows $21.99. Seems to be retaining the price of the previous product and won't display a price for a product no longer available.

Edited by GhostTrail

1 minute ago, GhostTrail said:

$29.99 is the price of the picture disc. If you click the black, and then click back on the red/gold, it shows $21.99. Seems to be retaining the price of the previous product and won't display a price for a product no longer available.

In pretty sure I saw the black at 18.99 this morning as well.

35 minutes ago, Holo said:

I don't remember. Whatever the /100s on Terrifyer and Phantom Limb were a couple months back. I can check when I get home I guess

Got nothing to do.

36 minutes ago, AnimosityDK said:

What variant was this?

For Phantom Limb  100 x Deep Purple / Baby Pink Merge with Splatter *Mailorder Exclusive*

For Terrifyer  100 x Red & Black Half'n'Half with White Splatter *Mailorder Exclusive*

Edited by nick69

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2016 at 6:01 AM, hallowken78 said:

New /500 variant: Gold inside clear with black and red splatter

http://store.relapse.com/item/42194

EDIT: The merge and the boxset are now back in stock again too.

Not sure how that /500 is still available. Somehow I didn't notice it until today and grabbed one. Still slightly bummed to miss the merge, but not nearly as bummed any more.