Out Now: Beck - Sea Change, Guero (1 x LP), Odelay (UME)

highfives

8 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Modern Guilt is not hard to find right now though. I've seen copies at Amoeba for months now. 

I mean, Amoeba is in a whole other tier as far as local shops go. I have two shops that are both the size of a small bedroom (amazing selection), but super limited. Haha.

45 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

What's odd is that I have a boot of Odelay that was pressed by Bongload a few years ago. I wonder how it compares to their recent pressing.

Even if you recently bought the Bongload pressings, you should be happy, cause those are gorgeous variants.

They are pretty but the BL "Sky Blue" was $35 plus shipping, vs. $17 for this new press from Bullmoose.  That's more than twice the price for color.

1 minute ago, thievedrelic said:

They are pretty but the BL "Sky Blue" was $35 plus shipping, vs. $17 for this new press from Bullmoose.  That's more than twice the price for color.

Oh, wow. That's a little on the steep side. I would easily go black at 1/2 cost over that. Fair point. Could always sell the and trade for black.

2 hours ago, Barberbro said:

I'll tell you one thing, these bongload pressings sound fantastic. I doubt we will get the same quality control as them with this new pressing. 

I could be wrong though....

That's more what I was getting at. If those BL pressings end up being the superior quality copies audio wise, I think the $40 vs $20 price tag will feel more justified. 

2 hours ago, Barberbro said:

I'll tell you one thing, these bongload pressings sound fantastic. I doubt we will get the same quality control as them with this new pressing. 

I could be wrong though....

That's more what I was getting at. If those BL pressings end up being the superior quality copies audio wise, I think the $40 vs $20 price tag will feel more justified. 

Maybe now I can find a MOFI Sea Change for $50. I have my limits lol.Prices were through the roof, especially the pink one. I'd rather grab the black anyway.

Hoping they use the MOFI plates on the new press. 

I need Sea Change, Mutations, and Vultures.

Edited by vinyl addict

11 hours ago, highfives said:

Represses don't automatically make first presses worth less.  There are countless first pressings of records still going for hundreds of dollars after a reissue has come out.  It just depends on the record.

If/When they repress Demon Days I'd be interested if the first pressing prices will take a hit.

On 9/22/2016 at 0:10 AM, vinyl addict said:

Maybe now I can find a MOFI Sea Change for $50. I have my limits lol.Prices were through the roof, especially the pink one. I'd rather grab the black anyway.

I think the fact that none of the retailers are listing Ship in a Bottle as a track pretty much confirms that these won't be using the MoFi plates, right?

On 9/22/2016 at 0:10 AM, vinyl addict said:

The odds of them using those plates are pretty low.

On 9/21/2016 at 1:59 PM, Dave Grohl said:

I'd be down for a Beck box set. But getting them individually will be nice. Got Guero last week for $10. So stoked to finally get Sea Change. Will be really stoked for Modern Guilt, and Midnight Vultures later on. Can never have enough Beck. One of my favorite artists that I knew if I played the waiting game it'd pay off. Fuck. Yes. 

Where did you find Guero for $10?

Juno no longer has it in stock, and the cheapest I can find is $33 shipped at Amoeba online.

I def don't want to preorder the new one, I want the 45rpm 2LP.

3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Where did you find Guero for $10?

Juno no longer has it in stock, and the cheapest I can find is $33 shipped at Amoeba online.

I def don't want to preorder the new one, I want the 45rpm 2LP.

Got super lucky. There were a few on Amazon UK for $13ppd. Don't know how or why, but I jumped on it. I checked a few days ago and it was back up to $35.

1 minute ago, rds said:

I got that $14 Guero from Amazon UK and it showed up with the jacket wavy and warped, like if it had been wet or bent back and forth until the paper stock had lost its firmness.  The LPs also had warps.

My jacket was wavy. I just put some books on it, and it's fine now. My discs are fine.