The Caretaker / Leyland Kirby thread

axotyl

1 hour ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Got a blue copy. The only one I don't have on blue so far is Stage 1. These are all pretty good, but I'm wondering if stages 4-6 are going to change it up a bit? As many of these tracks keep using the same source material, just mixed and spun differently. Not to say it sounds bad, but I'm sort of hoping for a bigger difference in the next few stages

wha?

Just now, defectiveepitaph said:

The samples for some of the songs have been the same on stages 1-3, it sounds like each time there's just some different effects on top. 

Pretty sure that’s the entire point of this project. Essentially echoes of the same sounds/memories slowly degrading over time.

2 hours ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Got a blue copy. The only one I don't have on blue so far is Stage 1. These are all pretty good, but I'm wondering if stages 4-6 are going to change it up a bit? As many of these tracks keep using the same source material, just mixed and spun differently. Not to say it sounds bad, but I'm sort of hoping for a bigger difference in the next few stages

Yeah, Kirby mentioned in a Facebook post today that the final three stages are "post-recollection," leading me to believe there will be more of a left turn up ahead. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Pretty sure that’s the entire point of this project. Essentially echoes of the same sounds/memories slowly degrading over time.

adding to that, he's not only citing samples from previous Everywhere installments on this one, but also from 'An Empty Bliss' – I'm not sure you'd notice it if it weren't for the fairly obvious track title similarities. don't believe this was the case on either of the first two Everywheres.

Edited by copelandkid

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Cut it out.  The concept of this project is depressing enough.

Maybe it's part of the desired effect of this project... before we know it the whole thing will be released. after the final stage is out, just like the concept (disintegration of memory & passage of time), we too are confused & disoriented in the realization of how much time has actually passed since stage 1 (a few years), when it only seems just a short time ago... 

giphy.gif

Edited by defectiveepitaph

23 minutes ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Maybe it's part of the desired effect of this project... before we know it the whole thing will be released. after the final stage is out, just like the concept (disintegration of memory & passage of time), we too are confused & disoriented in the realization of how much time has actually passed since stage 1 (a few years), when it only seems just a short time ago... 

giphy.gif

Your prior post legitimately made me consider that.  Like the possibility of having all the music recorded in advance, but choosing to stagger it deliberately.

14 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

I’d love for them to offer a slipcase to house the entire set. I’d be all over that. No way am I not getting all of them.

Absolutely would love this. Going to own all 6 on whatever colour they all come out on (probably all blue, which would be very nice!)

April 5th couldn't come faster. Echoing the above... can't believe how long it's been since Stage 1.