RSD Black Friday - 2016

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, marc32137 said:

Psh, every Bronie knows the deep cuts are way better than the greatest hits. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:11 PM, timsimmons said:

My little Pony - Friendship Is Magic Explore Equestria: Greatest Hits

wonder if it'll smell like pony shit

12 hours ago, negavinyl said:

In for the AIC and Mr Hankey. The episode that contains most of those songs is possibly my fav South Park Christmas episode ever. 

So you start by limiting yourself to a single TV series - South Park. Then you limit it to just the holiday specials, specifically Christmas. And from that shallow pool of episodes, it's "possibly" your favorite?

That doesn't sound like the greatest endorsement to me...

On 9/23/2016 at 3:33 PM, NapalmBrain said:

I'm all over the Dylan live album, the only vinyl release I can think of is one of the OOP bootleg sets that goes for 3 figures. That concert is so good, he is backed by the Band and Eric Clapton was in attendance and he said he was so blown away and inspired he decided to quit Cream and go solo

After reading this I'm going to pick it up. I'm a casual Dylan fan at best. But you've sold me on it. Thanks!

On 9/23/2016 at 3:33 PM, NapalmBrain said:

I'm all over the Dylan live album, the only vinyl release I can think of is one of the OOP bootleg sets that goes for 3 figures. That concert is so good, he is backed by the Band and Eric Clapton was in attendance and he said he was so blown away and inspired he decided to quit Cream and go solo

But he didn't attempt to leave Cream for another two years. I'm not saying he didn't say that, I have no idea, but I know Cream didn't try splitting up until May of '68 and didn't actually call it quits until 1969.

If I seen the Mr. Hankey release go under 20 I would probably pick it up honestly. Extreme nostalgia with that era of South Park not to mention I can never get enough obscure Halloween and Christmas albums, that is the one area I am cool with buying some gimmick releases here and there.

Not a bad regular price on the Dylan release either and will probably keep my on it for a sale afterwards.

Overall, nothing that stands out as a must buy for me though at all.

I hope the AIC is the complete setlist. The VHS only had 5 out of the 9 Songs at the concert. Here is the set list for Dec 22, 1990 at the Moore Theatre in Seattle:

1. It Ain't Like That

2. Man in the Box

3. Real THing

4. Love, Hate, Love

5. Sea of Sorrow

6. Bleed the Freak

7. Sunshine

8. We Die Young

9. Queen of the Rodeo

One other note, this was the same night Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam performed at the same Theatre.

15 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

So you start by limiting yourself to a single TV series - South Park. Then you limit it to just the holiday specials, specifically Christmas. And from that shallow pool of episodes, it's "possibly" your favorite?

That doesn't sound like the greatest endorsement to me...

Fav Christmas episode? Yes. They have a strong run of Christmas episodes, all the other Mr. Hankey episodes, Merry Christmas Charlie Manson, Woodland Critter Christmas, etc. But I love these songs. Not a fan of Christmas music in general but I play these songs every year. 

randomly, I found this one: 

Death By Stereo - Into the Valley Of Death

https://www.merchbar.com/vinyl-records/death-by-stereo/death-by-stereo-into-the-valley-of-death-vinyl-record-black-vinyl-limited-edition-purple-vinyl-red-vinyl

Finally a version that isn't a pic disc. I'm in for the red/black swirl version :D

Edit: i'm unsure as to the validity of "Direct from <artist> but I was linked to it from spotify under the offers section

eZJ5tLd.jpg

Anyone know if this sort of thing is legit?

Edited by roadmonkey

35 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

randomly, I found this one: 

Death By Stereo - Into the Valley Of Death

https://www.merchbar.com/vinyl-records/death-by-stereo/death-by-stereo-into-the-valley-of-death-vinyl-record-black-vinyl-limited-edition-purple-vinyl-red-vinyl

Finally a version that isn't a pic disc. I'm in for the red/black swirl version :D

Edit: i'm unsure as to the validity of "Direct from <artist> but I was linked to it from spotify under the offers section

eZJ5tLd.jpg

Anyone know if this sort of thing is legit?

They've been repressing all their shit for RSD/BF and I couldn't be happier about it. This one may be my favorite. Finally something to make me get out early that morning. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

7 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

They've been repressing all their shit for RSD/BF and I couldn't be happier about it. This one may be my favorite. Finally something to make me get out early that morning. 

New EP is coming out soon, Vinyl is in germany only at 500 copies.. 10 euros but 25 to ship to the states :(.. Not about to pay $40 for a 6 song EP

On 9/23/2016 at 7:42 PM, mmfood said:

The original of Mr Hankey's Christmas Classic fetches a good amount of money actually, who would've thought

https://www.discogs.com/Trey-Parker-Matt-Stone-Mr-Hankeys-Christmas-Classics/release/5670082

Rick Rubin produced? lol awesome, I'm in for this one.