PO NOW: Tycho - Epoch

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Anyone else have issues with significant noise on the red pressing?

My red copy was really noisy. Ghostly sent me a replacement red LP. The replacement was as noisy as my original copy. They are now replacing it with the black version of Epoch. 

Great customer service! Hell of a label. 

I think there are some duds in this pressing. Others have reported it on Discogs as well.

11 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Anyone else have issues with significant noise on the red pressing?

My red copy was really noisy. Ghostly sent me a replacement red LP. The replacement was as noisy as my original copy. They are now replacing it with the black version of Epoch. 

Great customer service! Hell of a label. 

I think there are some duds in this pressing. Others have reported it on Discogs as well.

my red copy sounds like shit. static throughout and i thought my speakers were going to blow during a super loud two second crackle on the first track. i contacted the merchant to inquire about an exchange.

i am devastated. i paid for the concept of this release up front and waited four months to receive it on vinyl, only to receive a bum, unlistenable copy. i expected better quality control from a 2016 best dance/electronic album grammy nominee. no corner dings tho, jacket arrived in NM condition.

1 hour ago, Fungi said:

my red copy sounds like shit. static throughout and i thought my speakers were going to blow during a super loud two second crackle on the first track. i contacted the merchant to inquire about an exchange.

i am devastated. i paid for the concept of this release up front and waited four months to receive it on vinyl, only to receive a bum, unlistenable copy. i expected better quality control from a 2016 best dance/electronic album grammy nominee. no corner dings tho, jacket arrived in NM condition.

every post you've made makes me want to punch you

5 minutes ago, Fungi said:

if a brand new vinyl arrives in the same listening condition as a G+ copy of a 1960's original, then it's a problem.

others have voiced their concern with this exact pressing as well. do you want to punch them too? (directed at kess)

Dead giveaway that you're an alt account of an existing user: you called him "Kess"

I also found it really interesting that Bull Moose would be selling him records with no tax and free shipping (see: The Avalanches thread) despite his location being set to Russia.

I'm not certain it's Halo 2 but it wouldn't surprise me.  Whether it was an unspoken intuition or not, it'd explain the deeply seeded disgust and resentment I've had for that account since day one.  It's definitely an alt. of someone I've loathed in the past, and considering how few people are actually banned, Halo is probably the best bet.  I should pay more attention to that gut feeling, I guess; feels like a tingling Spider Sense if imminent danger was actually just insufferable fuckboys.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

yep, hi halo 2, nice to know you still don't have a life

56 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm not certain it's Halo 2 but it wouldn't surprise me.

i'm not halo 2. and nothing i've said with this account has been as insufferable as halo 2. you guys pulling out the low blows.