Hurricane Matthew vs. VC

jhulud

On Monday, October 03, 2016 at 9:00 PM, jhulud said:
27 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Oh its still coming near us in SC, it starts to loop back around when it hits about 50 to 100 miles off our coast and will weaken before it hits anywhere else. Should only have about 40 mph winds but the problem is flooding. My area flooded last October and have barely recovered so with 8 to 12 inches of rain, we're bound to flood again, I'm sure the end of our road will flood again and will be trap for a few days

No idea why this double quoted and my post went inside..good to see the site isn't fixed.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

34 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

It's gonna loop and weaken before hitting the Bahamas around the middle of next week. 

Damn, stay safe. I just talked to one of my stores down there trying to do his payroll off a generator (was calling about network problems.... of course there is not internet when there is no power).

23 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

No idea why this double quoted and my post went inside..good to see the site isn't fixed.

Hopefully it'll die down a bit and you guys don't get all that rain. I remember your pics from last year, so hopefully you don't have that again.

I live up above a lake that is an extension of the Ashley River, and it looks like the flooding will not be as bad for my neighbors that live behind me across the lake. Last year, I think in October, when SC had that "rope-like" band of pressure that shot through to the middle of the state, the flooding was terrible and those neighbors were flooded out of their homes and couldn't get back to their homes for like a week. There were also a few roads washed away. 

I may be judging too soon though. 

Glad to hear the Florida peeps here are ok, we just got a tornado alert that last the next 4 hours, the rain and wind is picking up and in about a hour or 2 will be in the think of it. There's already 6200 people without power in my county so fingers cross we don't lose it.

Spoiler

Sitting here five blocks away from the ocean in N C, with no rain yet.  Raleigh/Durham are getting pummelled right now, and it's going to roll through the outer banks tonight.  I thought we were in the clear, but just got a text from my boss regarding the possibility of not working Monday.  Nice.

Edited by gutzonborglum

Drove by my home earlier today. There are 4 trees leaning on power lines on my street so it might be a while before power is restored. Power company expects the county to be back at 100% by tomorrow evening, but there are 48,000 homes still out.

Edited by marc32137

13 hours ago, gutzonborglum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sitting here five blocks away from the ocean in N C, with no rain yet.  Raleigh/Durham are getting pummelled right now, and it's going to roll through the outer banks tonight.  I thought we were in the clear, but just got a text from my boss regarding the possibility of not working Monday.  Nice.

What city are you in?