PO (final wave 12/14) - Little Elephant Living Room Sessions

deer

22 hours ago, mesi said:

Personally I hope that they start releasing new sessions again soon, I know that this whole lathe cutting thing takes a lot of time, but it has been a month since the last new video.

They teased a bunch of jumbled names on instagram yesterday and said there was more today. Jeff Rosenstock and a handful more in there.

EDIT: and they are live Wave 4 (11-9-16) Bring Us:

Bears and Company
Broken Beak
Chris Farren

Daisyhead
Dikembe
Jeff Rosenstock

John Galm
Laura Stevenson

Myles Cone and The Rusty Nickel Band

Ovlov

Restorations

Secret Stuff

Soul Low.

Sundressed

I still need to grab a bunch of these, especially that Sundressed and Dikembe Session

Edited by MCDELTAT

12 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

They teased a bunch of jumbled names on instagram yesterday and said there was more today. Jeff Rosenstock and a handful more in there.

EDIT: and they are live Wave 4 (11-9-16) Bring Us:

Bears and Company
Broken Beak
Chris Farren

Daisyhead
Dikembe
Jeff Rosenstock

John Galm
Laura Stevenson

Myles Cone and The Rusty Nickel Band

Ovlov

Restorations

Secret Stuff

Soul Low.

Sundressed

I still need to grab a bunch of these, especially that Sundressed and Dikembe Session

I was talking about videos, don't really care about the lathes. ;-)

Not going to be online tomorrow, so posting this in advance:

Sessions live 11/16:

'68

CityCop

Dads

Dead Leaves

Dolfish

Edhochuli

Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate)

Joie De Vivre

Molly's Worst Enemy

Motives

Old Gray

People Like You

Rozwell Kid

Sport

The Good Life

The Greenery

The Obsessives

Warren Franklin

Weatherbox

The next sessions are available tomorrow .. I'll pick Red City Radio

I got the Cayetana (# 2) and Signals Midwest (#5) .. and I must say, they sound brillant.
I got a refund for the shipping costs, and they wrote that the costs for shipping overseas will get cheaper, too .. really nice guys

15194504_1216622765027844_65980189507494

Hey all,

It's been a long time since I spent any time on these boards, but I'm checking back in to chime in here. I should also forewarn you that I've known the Little Elephant guys for years and can't claim to be unbiased. That said, I've got to say that these lathes sound excellent. I bought sessions from Pinegrove, The City On Film, Into It. Over It., Foxing, Caleb & Carolyn, Cory Branan, Narrow/Arrow, and have yet to pick up my copies of TTNG, CYHSY, Half Waif, Joie De Vivre, or Dolfish. Again, speaking on the sound quality; these things are likely superior to any lathe cut you've ever heard. I don't mean to be hyperbolic; I've just had the same experience as many of you. I know how deeply these guys care about what they do - which has come across in spades for years of their YouTube session and Q&A videos - but that's not the reason I stand by these session lathe cuts. Plainly and simply, they sound very good. Through my Pro-Ject turntable, NAD amp, and Wharfedale bookshelf speakers I notice very little sonic difference when playing a session cut before or after a 180g pressing. I say this only to underscore that I'm not simply spinning these on a Crosley from Target while preaching on sound quality.

I will grant you guys that I wish each cut were $12 instead of $15, especially when some have just two songs. But since Little Elephant splits all profits with the bands and these things aren't cheap (or quick) to cut, I don't mind buying the sessions I love. To me, I'm supporting these few guys who I watch work tirelessly out of a house in a Toledo suburb, bringing amazing musicians into the area and giving their fans a unique way to hear the music.

Not a paid advertisement. Ha. Do what you want, but I'm a happy, returning customer and I can't wait to see what Little Elephant does next, should these lathe cuts afford them more opportunities.
Tim