PO Soon: Ash Borer - The Irrepassable Gate

The new ASH BORER album "The Irrepassable Gate" will be released on Dec 2 on CD/Digital with the vinyl edition to surface early 2017.

Produced by Randall Dunn.

Artwork and design by Glyn Smyth courtesy of Stag & Serpent.

Track listing for "The Irrepassable Gate" goes as follows.

1. The Irrepassable Gate
2. Lacerated Spirit
3. Lustration I
4. Grey Marrow
5. Rotten Firmament 
6. Lustration II

Upcoming tour dates:
01/19  - Seattle, WA @ Highline
01/20 - Vancouver, BC - TBA
01/21 - Portland, OR @ The Raven
01/22 - Sacramento, CA @ Starlite Lounge
01/23 - Los Angeles, CA @ Complex
01/24 - Oakland, CA @ Metro 
01/25 - Arcata, CA @ The Alibi

Stream the title track here:

https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/ash-borer-the-irrepassable-gate

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I don't remember this at all, could you fill me in?  I was kind of broke around the time it came out and was happy with the CS.

Pesanta Urfolk released the vinyl.  In order to get access to the deluxe edition you had to sign up ahead of time to receive a postcard in the mail notifying you they were in stock. No link was made public on the internet.  It was a few years ago so I can't really recall but I'm sure there was a delay in actually receiving the record.

2 minutes ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Pesanta Urfolk released the vinyl.  In order to get access to the deluxe edition you had to sign up ahead of time to receive a postcard in the mail notifying you they were in stock. No link was made public on the internet.  It was a few years ago so I can't really recall but I'm sure there was a delay in actually receiving the record.

That's basically what happened, But I was already signed up for their mailing list so yeah you had to wait till you got the post card, then Paypal them stating you wanted the deluxe edition, that was delayed several time but the finished product was awesome, besides the records being so damn fat to fit in the sleeves it was beautiful and sounded amazing. 200gram blue black swirl with a special die cut sleeve and came with a back patch. It was worth the wait but was annoying, I think I had to update my mailing address like 2 times it took so long. Same thing happened with the grey (white) bloodlands vinyl. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...