PO NOW // Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Sunset Mission / Black Earth / Geisterfaust REISSUES

andi

Black Earth and Geisterfaust are up at JPC:

Black Earth - 24,99 €  coming 2.12.2016

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/bohren-der-club-of-gore-black-earth/hnum/5366589

Geisterfaust - 24,99 coming 13.01.2017

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/bohren-der-club-of-gore-geisterfaust/hnum/5366557

Just now, andi said:

Black Earth and Geisterfaust are up at JPC:

These were posted yesterday, scroll up a bit.

Vinyl-Digital confirmed they'll have at least Black Earth tomorrow. If Sunset Mission is an indicator on price, they should be cheaper if you're in the US ($31ppd from VD versus around $38ppd from JPC).

Who on earth would consider those few minor clicks as bad? Anyone who does should stick to CD/MP3, since they seem to lack basic knowledge about what's actually happening while playing a record. I'm not losing sleep about it, but it sure does irk me that people return perfectly good LPs because they don't have any idea what they're doing.

@adogg rant is not directed towards you, personally, just a general observation.

7 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Who on earth would consider those few minor clicks as bad?

I'm definitely not a sound quality purist but these don't sound to me like a minor rather than constant clicking. Especially considering very short timeframe of  2 min. I have a small collection, but none of my 100 LPs sounds as "clicky" as this one even 40 years old records. So, does your copy sound better/same?

@adogg As already stated above, I'm perfectly happy with my copy.

3 hours ago, adogg said:

So, does your copy sound better/same?

Keeping in mind that what's heard in the link you've posted is actually considered bad by people, there's a slight possibility that my copy sounds worse. I mean, I'm not sitting in front of the TT counting clicks per minute, because there's just no point in doing so. Records do click, they do pop, no matter what you do about it. I wet clean all my records after purchase und give them a thorough dry clean with the MoFi brush right before playing. Some are dead quiet, some are noisy, yes, but even perfectly clean, quiet records pop here and there as long as you don't play them in a sterile vacuum or something.

So, to answer your question as truthfully as I possibly can, I think my copy sounds fucking amazing, others might think it's horrible, but I'm sure as all not putting a WAV of it online for the sake of comparison. It's a matter of the recipients mindset; that, and basic knowledge/understanding of what's causing records to pop.

I mean, people have different expectations/opinions when buying and listening to a record and I'm perfectly fine with that. There's people with way better set-ups and cleaning devices out there who might think I'm full of shit and that's great. Though, I do get riled up just a little bit about that special breed of people complaining about fucking everything on discogs or whatever. It's such a waste of time/energy/resources for everyone to make wholly subjective, derogative assumptions about perfectly fine product and have people return it to record stores over nothing.

10 hours ago, cambionic said:

I ordered a copy from VD in early October Ave it hasn't yet arrived.  Anyone else have a similar story? 

I only just got mine on Monday and I'm based in the UK so less distance to travel, I wouldn't be too worried just yet.

2 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

@adogg As already stated above, I'm perfectly happy with my copy.

Keeping in mind that what's heard in the link you've posted is actually considered bad by people, there's a slight possibility that my copy sounds worse. I mean, I'm not sitting in front of the TT counting clicks per minute, because there's just no point in doing so. Records do click, they do pop, no matter what you do about it. I wet clean all my records after purchase und give them a thorough dry clean with the MoFi brush right before playing. Some are dead quiet, some are noisy, yes, but even perfectly clean, quiet records pop here and there as long as you don't play them in a sterile vacuum or something.

So, to answer your question as truthfully as I possibly can, I think my copy sounds fucking amazing, others might think it's horrible, but I'm sure as all not putting a WAV of it online for the sake of comparison. It's a matter of the recipients mindset; that, and basic knowledge/understanding of what's causing records to pop.

I mean, people have different expectations/opinions when buying and listening to a record and I'm perfectly fine with that. There's people with way better set-ups and cleaning devices out there who might think I'm full of shit and that's great. Though, I do get riled up just a little bit about that special breed of people complaining about fucking everything on discogs or whatever. It's such a waste of time/energy/resources for everyone to make wholly subjective, derogative assumptions about perfectly fine product and have people return it to record stores over nothing.

^This is so on point