PO now: cloud nothings "life without sound"

Snagged that deluxe first thing this morning.  Easiest $20 PPD I've parted with in quite some time.  I've been waiting a good while for this.  Their last album didn't amass rave reviews or coveted 10/10 ratings, but it hit the spot for me and continues to be an album I thoroughly enjoy revisiting even today.  Hoping this new album is even half as good / infectious / memorable, for me.

Loved their last two albums so if this follows the more gnarled and heavy sound of its immediate predecessors I'm in all the way. I'll probably wait until I can hear it and cop a standard black on release in January as I've just dropped a boatload on various other titles lately.

I was informed that the deluxe is sold out already?  Absolutely insane considering how long the blue marble "deluxe" variant of H&NE stuck around for – it may actually still be available, truth be told.  Makes me wonder how many they're going to press this time around.

I haven't checked out the single just yet and I'm not certain I will before the release date.  But it's really cool to see some love for H&NE.  I feel like most outlets either panned that album or gave it a lukewarm review at best, insisting that it was too scattered.  It does have a sort of mixtape-feel to it at times, but I couldn't put it down when it was released and I still don't feel compelled to skip a single song on it.

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was informed that the deluxe is sold out already?  Absolutely insane considering how long the blue marble "deluxe" variant of H&NE stuck around for – it may actually still be available, truth be told.  Makes me wonder how many they're going to press this time around.

Still looks available on Wichita and the Euro site?

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I haven't checked out the single just yet and I'm not certain I will before the release date.  But it's really cool to see some love for H&NE.  I feel like most outlets either panned that album or gave it a lukewarm review at best, insisting that it was too scattered.  It does have a sort of mixtape-feel to it at times, but I couldn't put it down when it was released and I still don't feel compelled to skip a single song on it.

I still listen to H&NE on a weekly basis. I don't own many CDs, but this is one of the 5 that has a permanent rotation in my car. I can't express how much I love that album.

1 hour ago, dnl said:

I still listen to H&NE on a weekly basis. I don't own many CDs, but this is one of the 5 that has a permanent rotation in my car. I can't express how much I love that album.

Yup.  I constantly add and remove albums on my car's USB thumb drive, just as a backup for instances where my phone's battery or reception makes streaming inconvenient.  I don't think H&NE has ever left the list of ever-changing tunes on it, either, from the day it leaked.

1 minute ago, jcolls13 said:

no, i can get the black variant at my local shop for less, if im going to order online id like it to be something different.

So...there's no problem then. You support your local shop, and get a record for less than you'd spend ordering online. Seems like a win-win to me.