PO Now: Zao - The Well-Intentioned Virus

13 minutes ago, daegor said:

As far as the production goes, I was actually going to comment on how clear it was, haha.  It's a nice, quiet, clear sound (to my ears at least).  I don't find it muddy at all, and the only fuzz I hear is in the guitar tone.

Haha, I first noticed it on the FLACs, but it's on the record too. The actual vinyl press is really well done. It's clean, and is a great reproduction of the music. As for the production, there is a bit of distortion on everything, including Dan's vocals. It's not too egregious, but I notice it. Maybe I notice it more because I loved the mix on Xenophobe and I listened to that single countless times.

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/14/2016 at 4:41 PM, GhostTrail said:

The band have copies of both variants up on bandcamp now, coupled with $5 shipping. That being said, if you're in the US and you want the black variant, still cheaper to go through Amazon. Definitely a cheaper option for the white, though.

https://officialzao.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered a copy today. I am new to this band, but this album fucking rules.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this is fucking cool:

Metavari - Whichhunt ft Daniel Weyandt of Zao

Stick around to the end of the video to see that there will be an exclusive Mondo variant :o

Can't say I ever expected to see Dan on something like this, but given his interests it makes a lot of sense.  And it turned out amazing.  Definitely going to pick this up.

Edited by daegor

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 8:45 PM, tlr said:

last remaining copies of the clear w/ black smoke variant was put up on bandcamp, 4 remaining

so random you posted this, that night I was thinking about how i was sad I missed this version and then saw your comment. When I got to the site there was 1 left and it was allllllll mine babbbyyyyyyy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 11:53 AM, Negron said:

So the band fooled us all and put up another 40 copies of the Clear w/Black Smoke about 15 minutes ago on their bandcamp.

We didn't fool anyone. We always hold a batch of any limited variant until we are sure that the first wave of mail order copies arrived safe and sound. once we know everyone is taken care of, we release the rest.   (there are another 10 sitting here but we will probably just give them to friends or sell them at a show in the future once we know this wave is taken care of. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2017 at 7:58 AM, daegor said:

Metavari - Whichhunt ft Daniel Weyandt of Zao

Stick around to the end of the video to see that there will be an exclusive Mondo variant :o

Can't say I ever expected to see Dan on something like this, but given his interests it makes a lot of sense.  And it turned out amazing.  Definitely going to pick this up.

So I ended up picking up Symmetri (the album this is from) and it's such a fucking good album, the pressing is pristine too.

12 hours ago, ikeluv said:

Anyone know why where blood and fire bring rest hasn't gotten another repress? I have to imagine the demand is there and the band seems to have a bit of a resurgence of interest at the moment again... think it's a solid state rights issue?

Blood and Fire through Self-Titled were pressed before Tooth & Nail was absorbed by a major label.  Parade of Chaos was literally ready to go (I think maybe had even made it to the Test Pressing step) and then it all dissolved.  At this point it's not financially viable to get some of these older albums licensed to be pressed.

Tooth & Nail seems to have an avenue to get some of their catalogue pressed on vinyl in the last couple of years, but so far I think the oldest album they've pressed from the back catalogue is As Cities Burn debut from 2005?

17 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Really bummed how that all went down. I missed out on Blood and Fire, and would kill for Parade of Chaos on vinyl. I love that record.

Brent's design was so kick ass too, he stayed true to the CD layout, cutouts and all :(  I know he was toying with doing the TFU split afterwards as well....

Yeah I heard its really unlikely they'll get pressed, happy to be corrected though. For anyone interested, keep an eye out on animalstylerecords on ebay. They have put up a lot of early Zao pressings in the past - I managed to pick up rare pressings of Blood and Fire, Liberate and (S-T) for $45 each a few months ago. Don't know if they're still selling copies though because they haven't listed anything in a while :(((