Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody (Out 1/13/17)

16 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Hopefully no Miley Cyrus guest spots on this thing. I don't think anything FLips has gotten me excited since Embryonic sadly.

I'm actually a real big fan of the Terror, to be honest. There was something just so bleak and subdued that I kinda got into it alot especially Butterfly, How Long It Takes to Die?

18 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Hopefully no Miley Cyrus guest spots on this thing. I don't think anything FLips has gotten me excited since Embryonic sadly.

I thought the Terror was great, but yeah Miley was my first thought as well. I'm not too hopeful she's absent with this cover art and track listing though.

Just now, Vector53 said:

I'm actually a real big fan of the Terror, to be honest. There was something just so bleak and subdued that I kinda got into it alot especially Butterfly, How Long It Takes to Die?

The Terror is definitely an album I owe some revisiting. It was released during a pretty rough time in my life and I think that made it nearly impossible for me to tap into.

1 minute ago, Vector53 said:

I agree. That album is almost completely ignored because of all the other BS around it but I think it's one of their better records for that exact reason.

8 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I agree. That album is almost completely ignored because of all the other BS around it but I think it's one of their better records for that exact reason.

It is too bad that the real big causality of all that nonsense was the Tobacco/FLips EP that was shelved. I suppose we did get Peace Sword which was good but alas I could only dream of what wacky tracks that could have been.

Edited by Vector53

On 10/25/2016 at 9:23 PM, jonrawks said:

New song is pretty rad, makes me a little more optimistic about this!

You mean "The Castle"? Agree to disagree, but that song sounds like ass. After all these years it's seems like Wayne'a voice is getting pretty rough. Granted, he never had an amazing voice, but I think age is not helping at all. Not to mention those lyrics are turrible. I could deal with the parallel structure of, "her_______ was a ________" in the first verse, but once it started talking of riding her dragon and mushrooms, I turned the song off. 

1 hour ago, PookdaddyG said:

You mean "The Castle"? Agree to disagree, but that song sounds like ass. After all these years it's seems like Wayne'a voice is getting pretty rough. Granted, he never had an amazing voice, but I think age is not helping at all. Not to mention those lyrics are turrible. I could deal with the parallel structure of, "her_______ was a ________" in the first verse, but once it started talking of riding her dragon and mushrooms, I turned the song off. 

Pretty sure every Lips lyrics in the last25 years have been laughable

• 1 month later...