Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody (Out 1/13/17)

On 12/16/2016 at 9:39 AM, lethalenforcer said:

The Flaming Lips - Space Oddity/Jest (There Is?) (7" Red Colored Vinyl)

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24503622/the-flaming-lips-space-oddity-jest-there-is

Up on the Lips website too: http://store.flaminglips.com/music-1/space-oddity-7.html

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, deftbarley said:

The three new singles are the best album tracks they have put out in a while. In spite of all their questionable experimental releases, their proper releases have been consistently great.

I can't say the same. It feels like Bulletin/Yoshimi but lazier. It might just be me but I'm not a fan of these singles.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Werner Herzog said:

I love The Flaming Lips just as much as the next person, but, I haven't been blown away by anything they've put out in years. Not to mention, that artwork is god awful. I'll give it a listen tonight. 

It surprised me.

Just listened again and I think my favorite on here may be Almost Home. Really good stuff on this album and nothing offensive to my ears, which has plagued Flips releases for me since Mystics.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

It surprised me.

Just listened again and I think my favorite on here may be Almost Home. Really good stuff on this album and nothing offensive to my ears, which has plagued Flips releases for me since Mystics.

Yeah, Mystics was the last album that really did it for me too. Don't get me wrong, Embryonic has some great tracks on it. Truthfully, I actually really dug The Terror. I forgot about it until just now. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2016 at 11:55 PM, somethingvinyl said:

I've decided to stop buying $40 LPs of new FL albums and spend the money to find original pressings of albums I like a lot, like Soft Bulletin. I'll get this digital and see if it grows on me.

Ha. I'm so smart. Cost me $20. 

16641088_1354577894606330_33137742384295

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Man, I never thought I'd like Mlody so much. Grows on me every time.  My personal favorite of theirs since Yoshimi or maybe even Bulletin.

The vinyl pressing sounds incredible too if you haven't picked it up yet. Their only record I just don't like is Mystics.