PO NOW: Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

■ 10th Anniversary 4 Disc Deluxe Edition of 'The Great Cold Distance' + Double Gatefold LP version to be released! ■

Pre-order:
Omerch: http://bit.ly/2ekAnJF
Burning Shed: http://bit.ly/2ekBysp

This year marks not only the band’s 25th anniversary but also 10 years since the release of our Peaceville Records album ‘The Great Cold Distance’ - which is set to be re-issued on special edition CD and vinyl.

"Looking back at our set lists from a historic perspective, it dawned on us that there’s been no other album from which we played more songs than ’The Great Cold Distance’, so in the light of its 10th anniversary this year, it’s with much pride and joy to announce the ultimate edition featuring all the scattered bits and pieces related to this album."

The new 4 disc deluxe hardback 40 page book edition of the album, to be released on ►20th January 2017◄, will include 3 bonus discs featuring b-sides and bonus songs, a new 5.1 remix of the album by Bruce Soord (Wisdom of Crowds) and a live album of Katatonia playing ‘The Great Cold Distance’ in its entirety with the renowned Plovdiv Philharmonic Orchestra in Bulgaria, performed in September 2016. The design of this essential 10th anniversary edition has once again been taken care of by long time collaborator Travis Smith (Seempieces | Illustration & Design by Travis Smith).

14708169_10154630246409907_1138421287598

The double gatefold LP version of the original album is set for release on ►9th December 2016◄, and includes the b-sides & bonus songs.

20 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I'm stupid...I ordered this + Bloodbath's Unblessing The Purity & PT's Nil Recurring since I haven't found them cheaper elsewhere...

Somebody please take this internet away from me...

This place was built to rob us all blind. Oh well, fuck it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Is there anyone that has this reissue?  A friend has turned me onto this album and I'm wondering what the vinyl sounds like.  I compared the original pressing details with this reissue and it seems to me that this reissue is pushing too much on each side.  It seems like there would be a risk for inner groove distortion on this reissue.  Not interested in buying it if it sounds like crap and I don't have the scratch to put up for an OP.