powered speaker buzz

Hello! So I tried a setup with my turntable that I was not sure would work or not.  It seems to work except for an annoying buzzing. I have a Technics SL-B20 run to a Rolls VP29 preamp and then to a set of fostex pm0.5 powered speakers.  The buzz seems to be a relatively common problem after some searching but I would appreciate any input that folks here have.  I don't have a lot of gear or electrical knowledge.  Thanks!

on this pic it's the thin one on the far left, next to the audio RCA plugs: Innovative-Audio-Technics-SL-B20-back.jp

just use any wire you can find to connect that part on the technics to the ground wire terminal on the preamp. Strip the ends of the wire and "lasso" one end around the preamp terminal, and figure out how to fix the other end to the turntable terminal. You can even roll up a piece of paper to stick it in place. If you've successfully made a connection the buzzing should be pretty much gone.

Edited by slinch