Ian from popmarket here - what do you guys want to see?

Hi all,

Some great feedback and suggestions here, let me recap and answer some questions in one post... keep em comin & thanks for all of this!

1. Regarding the e-mail frequency - we just rolled out a test yesterday to send a single daily e-mail with all of the deals in it, opposed to 3 unique artist specific e-mails. We have definitely ramped up the e-mail marketing, as its our main traffic source, but are working towards scaling it back a little, as well as creating a preference center where you can modify your e-mail frequency some more

2. Inventory feeling hidden - agreed, as we transitioned from a bulky old platform to Shopify, we focused on the main Daily Deals, but are now building up the catalog products and are working on our navigation and search for all products

3. Availability / backorder - Again, working on this. Also note that if your order contains an item that is out of stock, the rest of the order will be held so it ships complete. 

4. Sign in to the site has been removed - there is no longer any gate to see the prices or deals. 

5. Regarding exclusives - we've been in talks with a few select labels about this, with more to come! For now, the Original Albums LP Box Sets from Sly & The Family Stone , Mott the Hoople, The Byrds and the Crate Diggers Rare Soul 3LP collection are all exclusive to popmarket

6. Free Shipping is on all Daily Deal products and any order over $100

7. UMG has pushed the release date back on the Killers Hot Fuss LP AGAIN - to January 13, 2017. :-(

8. This is a GREAT idea and I'm working on setting it up now in time for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

13 hours ago, bgdesign said:

Do a bulk discount. If I buy multiple items, offer an additional discount. Example, buy a second boxset and get 10% off, buy a 3rd get 20% off.Would be great for stuff like the Led Zeppelin boxsets or the Bowie boxes. I'm more likely to buy ore if I'm rewarded for it.

29 minutes ago, rds said:

You have to remember that any out-of-left-field, unprovoked lashing out toward strangers is just part of a hardcore posturing aesthetic and not personal.

I'm surprised you had time to post a response.  Don't you have an order you just placed somewhere that you need to follow up and cancel?  

13 minutes ago, BoopsRecords said:

I'm surprised you had time to post a response.  Don't you have an order you just placed somewhere that you need to follow up and cancel?  

Canceling orders is actually very easy and takes no time at all. Most online retailers will allow you to update, edit, or cancel an order from within your customer account panel or by sending an email to their customer support team.

5 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I've only used PM once, about 3 years ago for a Deftones bundle.

Ever since then, I get 2-4 emails a day. The emails don't even list prices, they want me to click the "deal" and then sign in to the site.  Nope.

Can I turn my email frequency down to once a week, or maybe I should just block it. None of the deals ever catch my eye anyway.

As far as shipping, customer service, etc, I didn't have any problems so I can't comment there.

How about Exclusives? Has PM looked into doing any exclusive variants? That always seems to sell well.

I was going to say site exclusives (kinda like VMP does). Also pressing #'s for box sets would be nice

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

Ian, would it be possible for you to source some of these box set?: https://www.discogs.com/The-Jam-The-Studio-Recordings/release/5140543

Will see what I can find!

We do have the bundle available now - https://www.popmarket.com/products/the-jam-1977-1982-studio-albums-6-lp

All 6 studio album LPs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ian, I'd like to see my order that was placed on November 30, 2016 (Tom Petty box vol 2 and two My Morning Jacket records), or at least get some indication of when I'll receive it.  I do understand that there is a backlog of customer service inquiries, but I've sent 2 e-mails and haven't heard anything back.  I ordered some items for Christmas presents and would like to know if they'll be showing up before the holiday.

*Edit - Ian contacted me via PM and got things sorted out right away.  Thank you Ian!    

Edited by mia2000

8 minutes ago, amaestre said:

I'd like to see my order from a week and a half ago ship!

I was just going to say the same thing.  There's quite a few people waiting on the Tom Petty box sets. They have sent in emails and not received a thing back from PM.

Not even a "sorry for the delay" email. Is PM out of stock? If so, tell the customers that paid 2 weeks ago!

I for one am all done with it.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

I was just going to say the same thing.  There's quite a few people waiting on the Tom Petty box sets. They have sent in emails and not received a thing back from PM.

Not even a "sorry for the delay" email. Is PM out of stock? If so, tell the customers that paid 2 weeks ago!

I for one am all done with it.

Hi all,

Vol. 1 on the Petty box sets is currently on backorder, production delays on the label side has unfortunately delayed this set... We're doing our best to get more stock in ASAP. 

2 hours ago, ian_popmarket said:

Hi all,

Vol. 1 on the Petty box sets is currently on backorder, production delays on the label side has unfortunately delayed this set... We're doing our best to get more stock in ASAP. 

I sent you another email. Your replacement you sent me ALSO was missing the disks >_<

2 hours ago, ian_popmarket said:

Hi all,

Don't tell me, send a reply to the people who are attempting to contact customer service via email about their money PM has.  PM took everyone's money for the Tom Petty box sets, and never sent them out. A bunch of them. Refund people their money, or at least have the decency to let them know what's going on.

After reading all the horror stories over the last few weeks, I'm am officially done with PM.

5 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Already received 3 different PM emails today....wtf

"Unsubscribe"

They're the worst.  Their prices with discount are less than what I'm able to buy at wholesale sometimes, but half the orders I've placed recently haven't been shipped, yet my card has been charged and they never respond to customer service e-mails.......all while sending 4+ flash sale e-mails a day.  PM can suck a dick.

Or eat a vagina.  Have to be politically correct here.....or whatever you're into.  They can fuck a stuffed animal if that's your thing.

Edited by BoopsRecords
Fixed

• jhulud locked this topic