PO: AFI - Blood Album (01/20/2017)

2 minutes ago, Shaunismz said:

I contacted AFI merch store  they had me take some photos and email them over. 

Word. I'm probably gonna go pick one up from Urban tomorrow since most of my local shops don't usually carry AFI stuff. The shop I posted above is like 2 hours away. 

Half way through my first listen now. Based off the amount of hate this board is giving it I was expecting this to be a lot worse. It's a post 2003 AFI album. Not sure what you guys expected. I like it as much as I like December Underground + Burials. It's not a Nitro album, but it's also not hot garbage. Is what it is. Only shit I can't really get into is Crash Love. I used to tell people my favorite band was AFI, now I just say I love old AFI.

Edited by kylet

2 hours ago, kylet said:

It's a post 2003 AFI album. Not sure what you guys expected.

Well, I mean...

On 10/28/2016 at 0:33 AM, Plumhead89 said:

New AFI album just announced and based off the two tracks they released it seems very promising.

On 10/28/2016 at 1:11 AM, jeffthomas84 said:

Liking both tracks! 

On 10/28/2016 at 1:45 AM, januarytwenty said:

Echoing the same sentiments on both tracks. They're both awesome. Excited for this release. 

On 10/28/2016 at 5:00 AM, Tidal Wave said:

Burials really brought me back into AFI and these two tracks have me excited for a new album. 

On 10/28/2016 at 2:54 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Really dig both new songs. Very reminicent of StS. 

On 10/28/2016 at 7:37 PM, saomitch said:

Count me in after listening to "White Offerings."

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Well, I mean...

I mean in an 8 page thread of course you can find a handful of positive things, but overall people seem to be hating on it or at least very disappointed so I was expecting this to be awful. I don't think the singles were misleading at all, they're pretty representative of how the album sounds.  There's even a song or two I liked more than the singles (I don't know track titles yet). Like I said, it's not much better or worse than burials IMO. Has a few good songs, and a handful of filler. I  guess I'm just shocked why people think this is sooooo bad compared to other modern AFI records or why they expected this to channel old AFI.

Edited by kylet

I went in with realistic expectations: that given the massive amount of music I, and anyone else, can choose to listen to, that this would be a kickass album with great music...because that's what bands must do these days to hold peoples' attention. And this album fell well short of that.

Which is sad. Because there are a lot of bands putting out better and better albums everytime they release new music. It's a must these days.

Edited by mmhmm

On 1/21/2017 at 10:44 AM, youspinmeround said:

I really don't wanna spoil the entire set for me but can somebody who has looked tell me if we get Fall Children or A Single Second?

Edited by kylet

5 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

No. But don't worry cuse the set list went back to crap last night

I mean, the Troubadour show was a Despair Faction exclusive show, so I wouldn't expect it to be the same set as the regular tour. I had tickets but offloaded them because I didn't want to drive out to LA in the rain on a Friday night. Especially after I listened to the leak and wasn't too stoked. I thoroughly enjoyed Decemberunderground back in the day and STS but haven't found much to cling to since then. Saw them on the Crash Love cycle and was bored at the concert.

I'm also looking to buy any blood type variant of the album if anyone is willing to sell theirs. I received the Urban Outfitters one today and they literally shipped it to me in a big box with no padding and a record mailer that wasn't taped shut. A little pissed off, but the record seems to play fine. The jacket though is beat and has crease marks all over the place. It's a cool variant, but I'd rather just have any of the other variants. Message me if you have one for sale! 

Edited by RL22