PO: AFI - Blood Album (01/20/2017)

1 hour ago, Hierophant1991 said:

Did anyone else notice the Tracklisting Difference in the Vinyl VS Cd or Itunes. Nothing Major, Above the Bridge is #13 instead of #6. 

The digital download from the LP had the album split into 2 sides, A1-7 and B1-7. That would make Above the Bridge either #6 or #13, depending on how it's numbered... 

9 hours ago, mikeytags said:

The digital download from the LP had the album split into 2 sides, A1-7 and B1-7. That would make Above the Bridge either #6 or #13, depending on how it's numbered... 

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the vinyl tracklisting. It differs from the official tracklisting as Above the Bridge and She Speaks the Language are swapped in order to fit all the tracks on the vinyl.

Personally, I enjoy the new album. You can't expect too much with 40 year old dudes playing the music you listened to when you were 15. Sure, it's not as good as their old stuff, but I'm just glad they continue to put out new music.

Edited by Ogrejoyed

On January 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM, twatay said:

This album gets better with repeated listens.  A ton of earworms on here.  I love the last song, completely different from anything they've ever done.  A nice slinky bar tune.

My thoughts exactly . Keep going back to it... last song has a western vibe to it with the guitar work

I got into AFI later, at Sing the Sorrow but I absolutely love it, December Underground, Crash Love and Burials. They are all amazing albums. I've only listened to The Blood once from beginning to end. I'd say initially 50% of the album is awesome and what I'd expect from AFI. The Wind that Carries Me Away is surprising and insanely good. Hoping the other half of the album gets better with each listen.

4 minutes ago, harryq said:

The statistician in me wants to collect data like "What was the first AFI album you bought?" and "How much do you like this album?", but as an AFI fan, I'm pretty sure I know how that analysis would turn out :)

The Art of Drowning and All Hallows EP about 16 years ago. This album is okay. What I'd expect. 

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I disagree with both of these sentiments (2016 speaking in terms of music releases, not celebrity deaths or politics or whatever)

I should clarify myself maybe?

I cannot remember a single album from big\semi-big ~punk band that would be GREAT FROM ALL POINTS in 2016

Blink-182, AM!, JEW, Bayside, ADTR released good albums, but not GREAT

Sum 41 is great musically and YC is good too, but they sound like shit(I mean recorded/mastered)

GD , SP and Billy Talent have average albums at least.

But holy shit! Blood Album is like Heaven sent. I remember listening to leaked version on 1st of january in crappy quality and I was like "Wow!, it really sounds so good, so fresh and interesting". And last time I had this feeling when I first heard Keep You from PBTT(oh god that album)

Edited by ASSARTOSE

4 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

Blink-182, AM!, JEW, Bayside, ADTR released good albums, but not GREAT

Sum 41 is great musically and YC is good too, but they sound like shit(I mean recorded/mastered)

GD , SP and Billy Talent have average albums at least.

But holy shit! Blood Album is like Heaven sent. I remember listening to leaked version on 1st of january in crappy quality and I was like "Wow!, it really sounds so good, so fresh and interesting". And last time I had this feeling when I first heard Keep You from PBTT(oh god that album)

I can't take any of this seriously to the point I'm convinced this is a troll account. Shit dude, Jeff Rosenstock released one of the best albums of last year and it's basically a punk rock Abbey Road.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I can't take any of this seriously to the point I'm convinced this is a troll account. Shit dude, Jeff Rosenstock released one of the best albums of last year and it's basically a punk rock Abbey Road.

Well I didn't hear it. like I may miss many "good bands" so I've pointed, that I'm judjing from what I've heard in 2016: albums from BIG and SEMI-BIG bands. For real dude, nobody heard about Jeff R in my country).

Edited by ASSARTOSE

24 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

If you are seeing AFI on tour over the next few weeks, they are selling signed copies of the retail color at their merch booth. $25, and their merch guy said they only sign "like ten" per show.

Nice! Was just coming here to post asking if they're selling this on tour. I'll have to get there early. Hopefully they don't double the price for the Toronto show which bands love to do. Even though the Canadian dollar has been worth way more than half the American dollar for like a decade now.

On 1/28/2017 at 7:29 AM, kas1985 said:

If you are seeing AFI on tour over the next few weeks, they are selling signed copies of the retail variant at their merch booth. $25, and their merch guy said they only sign "like ten" per show.

I just went to the Oakland show, merch guy said they signed 17 for that shOw, and they were still avliable almost to the end

Edited by B-dosia

59 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Isn't the standard press red or something? There's the "blood type" variants, the UO exclusive, and then a colored standard. Or I haven't paid enough attention.

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Isn't the standard press red or something? There's the "blood type" variants, the UO exclusive, and then a colored standard. Or I haven't paid enough attention.

Dunno... site just says colored vinyl, so I'm going to assume that's whatever the standard color version is.