PO: AFI - Blood Album (01/20/2017)

1 hour ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Does UO ship albums well, or should I wait to pick it up locally and risk a damaged jacket? 

Never had issues before. Cost me $5 for media mail. Took me 45 minutes to get their site to complete checkout though.

58 minutes ago, Matt Danish said:

They're going all out with the variants this album.

Only 6 variants so far. That's tame considering past albums. 

Edited by dnl

5 hours ago, dnl said:

Never had issues before. Cost me $5 for media mail. Took me 45 minutes to get their site to complete checkout though.

No kidding. Nitro didn't play around. "Yes, we'd like 100 on every color possible and also 300 on a newly invented color never before seen by a human. Thanks."

6 hours ago, dnl said:

Well, depends how you look at it. 

Burials - 2

Crash Love - 1

DU - "2"

STS - 1

And the Nitro stuff was initially only released on black vinyl, it wasn't until years later that they went the No Idea route and just said repress them on whatever random colors you happen to have lying around.

So to me 6 at release is a lot, and going by the songs I've heard so far, I think I'm finally calling it quits. They're okay, but nowhere near "I'm spending $200 up front" okay.

Autographed CDs up on newbury: https://www.newburycomics.com/products/afi-afi_the_blood_album_with_autographed_booklet?variant=31887643916

3 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

Sell me that gosh darn System Failure cassette

You know I just might have to take you up on that. I'm making a list of what I plan to get rid of, most of non-vinyl stuff will go, so I can definitely let you know.

Edited by slinch

On 12/23/2016 at 8:24 PM, Matt Danish said:

Send me that whole list dude. I've been following your collection for as long as I've been into vinyl / AFI collecting.

Sure thing. :)

On 12/24/2016 at 2:24 AM, dnl said:

Are you seriously going to break up your AFI collection?

Yeah, been getting around to it for the longest time, just haven't been enjoying the recent material enough to keep going. I just need to find the time to take a group pic of everything first, probably after the new LPs arrive.

23 minutes ago, slinch said:

Can someone upload the image here? JB HiFi is blocked for half of EU.

y3mkzInD6gEQf74prLgYPV90_jS9RXKZK0_JO1WX

20 minutes ago, slinch said:

Sure thing. :)

Yeah, been getting around to it for the longest time, just haven't been enjoying the recent material enough to keep going. I just need to find the time to take a group pic of everything first, probably after the new LPs arrive.

Saving my money now. I have most of what you have, but there are a few promo CDs I've been searching for.

For as long as i have been an A.F.I. Fan & still have their poster on my wall, my thoughts on the leak.... im glad i didnt spend 100$+ dollars on trying to buy all the blood type variants, Id buy DecemberUnderground Variants anyday (if existed) instead. But will still buy reg press for my collection & maybe the UO exclusive. 

Edited by Hierophant1991

To each their own I guess. I like most of it but some tracks should've been left off. Funny, because recently Hunter said something along the lines of quality not quantity when asked about the length between albums. They could've had a tighter album if they cut 4 weak songs and left the length at 10. There are some tracks that are going to take some time to get into near the start of the album. The best parts of the album are on the 2nd half. Its hard to compare different AFI albums, but the closest thing this album reminds of are the STS B-Sides (Now The World, Reiver's Music, Synesthesia, RRR37, etc.).

It should be said that Davey is the weakest link in the band. On the few I couldn't get into , it was definitely because of the lyrics/vocals. The other guys really shine on their parts.

I'm very curious about this record. Does anyone have a link to the leak? I can't seem to find it anywhere, it seems like their PR is doing a great job shutting down this leak as fast as people are posting it. 

EDIT: Found it. 

Edited by beardacus