PO: AFI - Blood Album (01/20/2017)

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

They're playing at Amoeba in Hollywood on the 19th, you gotta buy the album, you also get a poster. Not sure if I wanna commit to owning this album though.

if there's a chance for the record to get signed at the show, I'll be down to pay for the record if you just want to go to the show. 

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

I requested a cancellation of the yellow variant from their webstore - they responded that night asking if I was sure since it was an out of stock item.  I confirmed I did want to move forward with the cancellation....no response, then 2 days later I get a shipping notice.  Lame.

Did you get an actual shipping notice or a credit memo, because  I just got the credit memo when I tried to cancel, although I'm not sure of my account was ever credited at this point

3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I requested a cancellation of the yellow variant from their webstore - they responded that night asking if I was sure since it was an out of stock item.  I confirmed I did want to move forward with the cancellation....no response, then 2 days later I get a shipping notice.  Lame.

You won't have any issues trying to resell at least

7 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The store should put up extras...I cancelled my order of all four.  No idea what I was thinking.  I got too excited and forgot AFI hasn't put out material that'd warrant a purchase like that for a long time.  Now I have an extra $100.  Yay.

Did this as well after listening to leak :/

I try to stay out of threads that I don't have anything positive to contribute to, and I also do my best to adhere to that if you don't have anything nice to say... rule.  But that being said, anyone who blindly dropped $100+ on an AFI release in 2017 has got some major balls.  I'm not sure what anyone was expecting.  If you're a hardcore fan of the band and you enjoy this release, that's cool.  I've got a coworker who firmly believes this could be his AOTY and he couldn't be more excited to catch them live this weekend – and I'm happy for him and his excitement, I really am – but the single he linked me to was fucking atrocious in the least surprising way.  To my ears, anyway.  Top post of this page sums it all up nicely.

I know this qualifies as a "cool story" post, but it's just been interesting to see the reception of this record.  I liked  Sing the Sorrow in high school, too, but let's be real.