MASSIVE ATTACK REISSUES - Blue Lines, Protection, No Protection

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

Came here for more info too. Not really jazzed at 100+ MSRP for a measly extra LP that I'm seeing everywhere.

If it's a 3xLP 45RPM I might go from "hmph" to livid really quickly tbh at that price point. Can't imagine what that extra LP *could be* even. Too many remixes/B-sides to fit on one disc.  Already own the 2xLP Royal Albert Hall live 1998 bootleg  as well...

This is a GOAT album for me so they're going to have to convince me it's worth it. Otherwise, catch me in 2049 for the 50th Anniversary. Hopefully Jared Leto doesn't actually turn into the next Bill Gates by then, and we don't have to deal with Gosling splaying himself on some stairs for oh-so-heroically being a glorified Uber driver for a dad to reconnect with a daughter and sorry massive spoilers for Blade Runner 2049

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

Looks like it's up at BM as well although I can't view the page in the UK, does this give any more details?

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27978903/massive-attack-mezzanine-3-lp-super-deluxe

Also on Amazon with no details 

https://www.amazon.com/Mezzanine-3-LP-Super-Deluxe/dp/B07GW4FCX8/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1536225734&sr=1-1&keywords=massive+attack+mezzanine+vinyl

Edited by craigeduk

Damn will need to get this lol (bought it from Amazon Germany which comes in at roughly £12 cheaper including shipping)

At least for the extra cost of all Massive Attack reissues the packages are superbly put together visually 

The bonus Mad Professor mixes:

Metal Banshee (Mad Professor Mix 1)  
  Angel (Angel Dust)  
  Risingson (Setting Sun Dub 2)  
  Teardrop (Mazaruni Dub 1)  
  Inertia Creeps (Floating On Dubwise)  
  Exchange (Mountain Steppers Dub)  
  Wire (Leaping Dub)  
  Group Four (Security Forces Dub)
Edited by craigeduk

I guess we know at this point that any release from them is going to involve additional packaging, art booklets, custom materials (inks, paper stock, glitter ect) and in this case a heat sensitive box. And all of these are expensive to use. With 3D being and artist and caring so much about the presentation he is treating each item not just as LP but as an art object.

I think we can just be lucky that the 1st 3 releases were relatively cheap!!

28 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I mean that Burial 12" was $50. So was the Splitting the Atom EP. They are always well made and the presentation is nice. But certainly since Heligoland, everything is way more expensive than it needs to be. Wasn't the OP of Heligoland $75?

Something like that, but Heligoland is a prime example of it being worth it.  It's probably my favourite release I own when it comes to the packaging and presentation.

• 1 month later...

I'm skipping BFRSD for this if I have to (probably will). Good God, I hope my friends with presale access pull through. I'm almost considering Detroit, too. Masonic Temple is the most perfect venue in the world for that band and this album.

https://pitchfork.com/news/massive-attack-detail-north-american-mezzanine-anniversary-tour/

Massive Attack Detail North American Mezzanine Anniversary Tour

Their U.S. and Canada dates with Cocteau Twins’ Liz Fraser kick off in March 2019

Massive Attack’s Robert “3D” Del Naja and Grant “Daddy G” Marshall, September 2018 (Kieran Frost/Redferns)
Massive Attack’s Robert “3D” Del Naja and Grant “Daddy G” Marshall, September 2018 (Kieran Frost/Redferns)

Massive Attack have detailed the North American leg of their upcoming Mezzanine anniversary tour. In honor of their 1998 LP turning 21 next year, the duo will be playing shows with Cocteau Twins’ Liz Fraser, who lent her vocals to the Mezzanine single “Teardrop.” They’ll kick off the North American leg of the trek in March with a show in Toronto. Find their itinerary below; tickets are available here.

Massive Attack previously shared the dates to the European leg of the Mezzanine anniversary tour, which starts in Glasgow, Scotland in January.

Massive Attack:

01-28 Glasgow, Scotland - SSE Hydro
01-28 Manchester, England - Manchester Arena
01-31 Brussels, Belgium - Palias 12
02-01 Amsterdam, Netherlands - AFAS Live
02-04 Frankfurt, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle
02-05 Munich, Germany - Zenith
02-06 Milan, Italy - Mediolanum Forum
02-08 Rome, Italy - Palalottomatica
02-09 Padua, Italy - Kioene Arena
02-11 Paris, France - Zenith
02-13 Nantes, France - Zenith de Nantes Metropole
02-14 Bordeaux, France - Bordeaux Metropole Arena
02-18 Lisbon, Portugal - Campo Pequeno
02-22 London, England - O2 Arena
02-24 Dublin, Ireland - 3Arena
03-01 Bristol, England - Steel Yard, Bristol
03-12 Toronto, Ontario - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
03-14 Boston, MA - Boch Center Wang Theatre
03-15 New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
03-19 Philadelphia, PA - The Met Philadelphia
03-22 Detroit, MI - Masonic Temple
03-23 Chicago, IL - The Chicago Theatre
03-28 San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
03-29 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium
03-30 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium
04-02 San Diego, CA - Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre at SDSU

Edited by armadillo01

5 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Btw, holding out for a regular 3LP edition of the reissue is foolish or nah? I have a pretty worn out OP I'd like to flip.

Given their current track record on reissues I wouldn't put much hope in a regular edition of the 3LP, at least not for a couple of years. 100th Window seems to have been 'announced' at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years and never appears, Heligoland only shows up as the expensive version after many false starts.