PO SOON: JAPANDROIDS- Near To the Wild Heart of Life

16 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

The last 3 songs are awesome. The album hits home early, then has a lull in the middle, then finishes strongly imo

I also find myself agreeing with this.  I understand that I'm Sorry is an interlude, but the pace of it is such a buzzkill, and vocally comes off on the whiny side, to my ears.  Those last few tracks on the album have been rattling around in my head consistently though.

I'm still at the stage where I can't tell if I love it, or I think it's pretty good. I mean, there are definitely some songs I really love, but it's not gripping me like CR. But in some ways maybe that's the point.

Also, semi-unrelated to the music, one of my favourite things about this band is their love of putting live photos of their shows where they are more or less posing in the exact same ways. There's something so unbelievably earnest about it. They've kept the whole same aesthetic for like a decade now.

3 minutes ago, GradedOnACurve said:

I think the lighter Coke Bottle Green is the EU version and the Green labelled as Coke Bottle Green is the US version. I just got my EU copy in and its pressed at GZ (via Pirates Press.) Pretty sure everyone is comparing a different pressing here.

Makes sense, although I'd say the GZ coke bottle is the weird one that doesn't look like any other plants coke bottle. It's like murky swamp water compared to much clearer varying greens from other plants; I'm always annoyed when I get a GZ coke bottle and I have way too much time on my hands.

2 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Makes sense, although I'd say the GZ coke bottle is the weird one that doesn't look like any other plants coke bottle. It's like murky swamp water compared to much clearer varying greens from other plants; I'm always annoyed when I get a GZ coke bottle and I have way too much time on my hands.

Haha I see what you mean. For this one the US Coke bottle looks straight up green. I do like other plants light colored coke bottle greens but yeah they are inconsistent and I like the (general) consistency of GZ. I too (used to) have a lot of time on my hands.

• 2 months later...