P.O.: Bonobo - Migration

6331-main.jpg

The masterful, magisterial new album from Bonobo, Migration will be released on 13th January 2017.

The album cements his place in the very highest echelons of electronic music and beyond, featuring a series of collaborations with Nick Murphy (Chet Faker), Rhye and Hundred Waters.

The theme of the album is eruditely put by Bonobo as “The study of people and spaces... It’s interesting how one person will take an influence from one part of the world and move with that influence and affect another part of the world. Over time, the identities of places evolve.”

Pre-order on Deluxe 2LP, 2LP, CD and digital formats, listen to and watch the hypnotic video below.

Migration Tracklist:
01. Migration
02. Break Apart (feat. Rhye)
03. Outlier
04. Grains
05. Second Sun
06. Surface (feat. Nicole Miglis)
07. Bambro Koyo Ganda (feat. Innov Gnawa)
08. Kerala
09. Ontario
10. No Reason (feat. Nick Murphy)
11. 7th Sevens
12. Figures

Edited by Rapidfiretollbooth

21 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I find I keep posting this, but USA readers should be sure to compare prices at ccmusic.com .

They are listing the deluxe 2LP at $27 and the regular 2LP at $25.   Their 25% coupon (on a minimum $50 purchase before discount) still works:  OCTCCM25.

it seems like the versions in his webstore are discounted as "early-bird" as well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, gpa21 said:

Any reviews on this package?  Does the VMP package come with the book and all that as well?

bummed to say the VMP white variant is the standard packaging, single gatefold with printed inner sleeves.

I saw the deluxe in person over the past weekend and it looks way better, nice full gatefold sleeve and thick pvc sleeve.

considering picking it up if/when it goes on sale just to transfer my white copy to a proper gatefold sleeve...

5 minutes ago, highfives said:

Anyone else feel like this release is a little lackluster, especially compared to the North Borders?

it's decent but as a long-time fan, I'll probably have to agree. I feel like most of the features killed the flow of the album, especially that Chet Faker song. could just be me though, I really don't think CF is anything to write home about, especially on a bonobo album. any typical bonobo vocal manipulation would have out shined any and all features on this