PO: A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here . . . Thank You 4 Your Service

22 hours ago, Kanye West said:

After roughly two listens, I'm slightly underwhelmed. I mean, it's about what you'd expect from a Tribe album in 2016. It's far from bad, but also far from exceptional. 

Seriously? This album is awesome! Maybe when Pitchfork tells you it's great you'll see the light. 

This is the kind of album where everyone feels like they'll be judged for saying anything bad about.

As a massive hip-hop fan, we've had so many albums that stomp the shit out of this in the past decade. 

I don't give a fuck that they're legends. They had their legendary albums. This is a good album, a worthy final album to their career, but I won't be bumping it a year from now very frequently. 

18 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Minus this Jack White guitar "solo" this album was really fucken good. I need to stop getting excited when I here "Kanye Feature" though, since a Kanye feature consists of him saying 3 words these days.

Oh good, I didn't even notice he was on the album. Hopefully I won't notice next time I listen either.

4 hours ago, idioteque... said:

I don't know if I can take someone seriously if they think 808 & Heartbreaks is a great hip hop album.  It's a bad album in Kanye's discography to begin with.

808s isn't a straight up hip-hop album. It IS one of the best albums ever made, however, and it paved the way for the careers of countless artists who all found extreme success (Drake, Weeknd, etc.) 

20 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

I think most people don't wanna admit it's great until Anthony Fantano says it's great, since he's the person the decides if music is good or not.

Here's an idea, don't watch his reviews. Listen to music on your own and make your own decisions. 

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

808s isn't a straight up hip-hop album. It IS one of the best albums ever made, however, and it paved the way for the careers of countless artists who all found extreme success (Drake, Weeknd, etc.) 

Don't waste your time responding to that idiot

11 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I would accept that it's a good album, and even that it was an important release in modern hip-hop, but to call it one of the best albums ever made is a little hard to swallow. I mean, if you're including like 5,000 albums in that pool maybe, but in terms of best albums by importance, I don't know if I could confidently place it among the top 500.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Don't waste your time responding to that idiot

Whoops I replied before I got further down the thread lol

Edited by DOMAN127

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I would accept that it's a good album, and even that it was an important release in modern hip-hop, but to call it one of the best albums ever made is a little hard to swallow. I mean, if you're including like 5,000 albums in that pool maybe, but in terms of best albums by importance, I don't know if I could confidently place it among the top 500.

Edit:

Whoops I replied before I got further down the thread lol

He was talking about idiotque, not me.

Also, I'll rephrase and say one of the best albums ever made in the general hip-hop/rap/R+B realm.