PO: A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here . . . Thank You 4 Your Service

• 1 month later...

Leftover numbered white jacket copies are for sale on their site now. Grab one quick if you want one, because I doubt there are many left.

http://atribecalledquest.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4TQ12COMBO/limited-edition-white-jacket-vinyl-download?cp=83001_83743

Edited by erikness

53 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

$48 shipped is a bit steep...if I end up regretting it and these sell out I might let go of it for someone who missed out

I'll take it from you, if you end up not wanting it

Scratch that: I assumed they weren't in stock anymore, but they are.

Edited by texan4life

Awesome, I was wondering why a bunch were all of a sudden popping up on ebay/discogs this morning. It all makes sense now.

I read that they only sold around 600 of them at the pop up, and then that store in L.A. got some. So gonna guess there are 300-400 available here.

Very surprised they aren't all gone yet.

Edited by fish

Glad I could help some people get copies!

I completely lucked out finding them. Decided I needed this on vinyl last night (I have the tape, but it doesn't cut it) and searched to see who had it cheapest. Was so stoked when I saw that they had the white jackets for sale, then I noticed the price. Seriously had to debate whether I wanted to spend half as much for the standard version, which still looks nice. And I'm assuming they both sound the same since they were pressed around the same time. But then I noticed the labels on the numbered edition and decided they look pretty sharp, so I used that as justification lol. I don't know how long they were even up. Bought my copy at like 9:00 last night and I figured they'd be gone before I could post about it here this morning. Guess word caught on after I left for work!

Edited by erikness

23 minutes ago, fish said:

I'm sure the buyers chose to not buy the numerous ones listed way cheaper than that and picked yours up. Nice try though.

Evidently they did, may be based on my excellent customer service and feedback.

18 minutes ago, texan4life said:

@stl_benyou're a real piece of shit

OK?

Edited by stl_ben

24 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

He probably bought it himself with an alt Discogs account just to spite you.

Your right I ate the $18 in fees of selling something just to spite some rando on a forum.  

Not sure how much I can say it, but yes I flip some records.....if you don't like it FINE, but posting up every time I list something new seems silly.

Also no one complained last week when I added a whole bunch of $2 records....so I guess flipping is fine if I loose money but not if I make money!

*lose

I think people call you out because there are people on the board who miss out on something they want to dudes like you who buy an extra and sell it at 4x the price just to make some money.  By the time you listed your shit on Discogs, people were already bummed on here about missing the chance to grab one at a reasonable price.   You're literally exploiting people's genuine excitement about limited, special releases that they share with people just so you can make some extra cash.  That sucks dude.

6 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Your right I ate the $18 in fees of selling something just to spite some rando on a forum.  

Not sure how much I can say it, but yes I flip some records.....if you don't like it FINE, but posting up every time I list something new seems silly.

Also no one complained last week when I added a whole bunch of $2 records....so I guess flipping is fine if I loose money but not if I make money!

Oh I don't personally have a problem with you flipping, sorry if I came off that way.  You do you; it doesn't affect me.  I'm just, like the other poster, confused as to why someone would spend $70 more on your copy than another copy listed for $150 that is labeled as Mint.  It makes no sense.

11 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Oh I don't personally have a problem with you flipping, sorry if I came off that way.  You do you; it doesn't affect me.  I'm just, like the other poster, confused as to why someone would spend $70 more on your copy than another copy listed for $150 that is labeled as Mint.  It makes no sense.

This baffled me too!  I'm wondering if the other sellers were not allowing international shipping maybe?  Or maybe it was just the top of his feed and he didn't even scroll looking for better prices.  Either way, I am both happy to get a copy of this for myself finally as well make some spending cash to buy some more records with! (Went on a shopping spree of stuff I had been wanting on bandcamp this morning!)

It's bad enough to see stl_ben flip Funko Pop figurines, Mondo OSTs, and whatever gimmicky shit he waits in line for at Comic Con... but it's a real bummer when he occasionally gets his hands on good music that he feels the need to make a quick buck off of.  Forever and always one of VC's biggest tools.  I guess it's cool that he's full-on embraced his shitlord status and ran with it, but it doesn't change the fact that the aftermarket would be a little better off if he couldn't read any posts here on the boards.

42 minutes ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

Don't pay flipper prices (yet) - this is on backorder but can be reserved again:

http://atribecalledquest.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4TQ12COMBO/limited-edition-white-jacket-vinyl-download?cp=83001_83743

I wonder how this works. I'm assuming they won't press anymore than the original 1000 to make this "back in stock". Are they just pre-selling the stock they're holding back in case of returns from damaged shipments of the original sale?