PO soon: Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Zombies on Broadway

PO:

Amazon and Andrew McMahon bundles

Album out: February 10th

15036230_1176345279101998_60256269151266

Full AM facebook post:

I wrote this album in the middle of a whirlwind, when the future was unclear. Isn't it always? I found my way to the city, thinking I could settle a score with a ghost. You can't, so I came home and rewrote the ending. I'm proud announce my new album, "Zombies on Broadway,” is coming on February 10th. I spent more than a year hoping to find new answers to old questions. What I found; I have always been two people; One in search of peace and the other in search of whatever makes my hair stand up and my heart beat faster. This record is mostly about the latter. You'll be able to pre-order the album starting next Friday, November 18th through my webstore and digitally on all your favorite outlets. A new song “Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me” will also be released alongside the pre-order. 

To celebrate, we’re heading out on the Zombies in America tour early next year. Clever name, right? We're bringing out two bands that we love and have a feeling you will too, if you don't already. They're called Atlas Genius and Night Riots and they melt faces with their live performances. In hopes of convincing you further, we're going to bring out a really inventive production. Life's too short not to blow off some confetti and wear reflective clothing, or something like that. It’ll be fun, so see below for details and get ready for a good time. 

Pre-sale starts this Monday, November 14th at 10am local. Sign up to my mailing list by Saturday to get first dibs on the pre-sale code (it’s on the bottom of my website - http://www.andrewmcmahon.com/). 

General on sale starts Friday, November 18th at 10am local. 

THE ZOMBIES IN AMERICA TOUR 
w/ ATLAS GENIUS AND NIGHT RIOTS - http://www.andrewmcmahon.com/tour/

Edited by YesPlease

Always loved everything Andrew puts out. The first In the Wilderness album didn't quite grab me like everything else he's done (though it did grow on me, there are still a couple songs on that album that I just don't quite get), but Fire Escape is just an incredible song, so I'm absolutely pumped. 

All of that being said, his vinyl pre-orders always end up pissing me off because the only way to get his webstore variant is to buy a $50 package with a bunch of crap I don't want . 

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

Think so? I really like it, but The Glass Passenger may be my favorite AM related release.

For sure, every time I listen to it I like it more and more. I really love maybe 5 or 6 songs off of Glass Passenger but the other half is 'meh' for me, it's about time somebody represses it though.

4 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

For sure, every time I listen to it I like it more and more. I really love maybe 5 or 6 songs off of Glass Passenger but the other half is 'meh' for me, it's about time somebody represses it though.

I like the bonus tracks more than I enjoy most of the songs that made the final cut. I feel the same way about AMiTW s/t as you do about The Glass Passenger.

I'll really have to give this single another go. I loved all three Jack's Mannequin albums and the first 2 are in my top 5 most important albums. 

Yet somehow AM managed to take out all the minute punk facets that interested me and made it unique. Now it's just repetitive and catchy pop music. Will give it another listen, though. 

2 hours ago, mdussack said:

So is there no option for just the album?

No, he seems to never do that, even with his SoCo and JM reissues through his store the only way to get the record was to buy it in a bundle.  I somewhat understand it as he makes more money selling bundles, but as much as I like the guy (and I've met him 3 or 4 times, he's a nice dude) it's still pretty shitty.  It works, though, because as much as I despise the practice, I still pre-order all of his stuff.

There's always a retail variant, though, so Amazon will probably have a black one later.  Also, for the first Wilderness album, he had an absolute shitload of his store variants left over when he went on tour, I think he was still trying to get rid of them recently (not sure if what's on his store is still the original blue variant or the black variant).  So if you'll be seeing him on tour next year, it may be worth it to just wait it out.

2 hours ago, nardes said:

PREORDERS ARE LIVE!

I got suckered in to the Premium Bundle.... because..... nesting dolls.

I mean, what's $117.50 shipped anyways?!

Haha, he always has the most useless shit with those premium bundles, it's hilarious.  I assume you've still got a compass laying around from the last one? :lol:

I almost go for them, and then I realize that all this crap is just going to sit in a box until I throw it away in 10 years.

5 minutes ago, dandw12786 said:

Haha, he always has the most useless shit with those premium bundles, it's hilarious.  I assume you've still got a compass laying around from the last one? :lol:

I almost go for them, and then I realize that all this crap is just going to sit in a box until I throw it away in 10 years.

I take offense that you assume my compass is just "lying around" I use that sucker daily!

Spoiler

............................................ok yes it's sitting in my junk drawer :lol: