PO soon: Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Zombies on Broadway

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I'll really have to give this single another go. I loved all three Jack's Mannequin albums and the first 2 are in my top 5 most important albums. 

Yet somehow AM managed to take out all the minute punk facets that interested me and made it unique. Now it's just repetitive and catchy pop music. Will give it another listen, though. 

Totally agree.  I might get flamed for saying this but I sure hope this album has more than 2-3 really solid songs on it.  I really like Andrew but I'm tired of cherry-picking from his albums.  

22 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Totally agree.  I might get flamed for saying this but I sure hope this album has more than 2-3 really solid songs on it.  I really like Andrew but I'm tired of cherry-picking from his albums.  

I've been doing that since Everything In Transit. Everything since just hasn't had as much heart IMO. I did like the first single from the first Wilderness record a fuck ton though. Catchiest thing I've ever heard. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this in the mail a few days early! I like the album, I think it's stronger than the first solo outing overall. Not all that impressed with the pressing, though. I think it's pretty off center so there's a lot of wow and flutter at the end, the last song is a quieter one and sounds like garbage.

1 hour ago, Buffbloom said:

Still waiting for the red vinyl to become available outside of the bundle. 

With his first solo album, he didn't have his store's variant available online until after his tour was over. That's when he put up what was left after pre-orders and tour merch sales. So you may be waiting a bit. 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:59 PM, hiimbored said:

Listening to my red copy right now; curious what people think of this pressing.  Doesn't sound spectacular to me.  The pressing is pretty quiet and just doesn't jump out at me. Thoughts?

I thought it was awful, but I was hoping it was just me.  The edges were all jagged and paper was stuck everywhere, sound didn't really jump out at me, and the last track was really pitchy, seemed like it was an off-center pressing (my cart was moving noticeably side-to-side while playing this, I always have a little side-to-side movement, but this was a lot).  I'm really disappointed in it because everything Andrew has pressed in the last few years has just sounded phenomenal (Something Corporate's "North" pressing that he released a couple years ago is still easily the best sounding record I own).  Feels like he went cheap on this one, and it definitely shows.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, SuperBuckeye30 said:

Ordered from Amazon thinking the entire pressing was on red vinyl... and it was black :angry:

But from what it seems, the red pressing doesn't sound all that great, maybe the black will be better.

Let us know how it sounds after you have a chance to spin it.  I'm curious if it sounds any better.

2 hours ago, dandw12786 said:

I thought it was awful, but I was hoping it was just me.  The edges were all jagged and paper was stuck everywhere, sound didn't really jump out at me, and the last track was really pitchy, seemed like it was an off-center pressing (my cart was moving noticeably side-to-side while playing this, I always have a little side-to-side movement, but this was a lot).  I'm really disappointed in it because everything Andrew has pressed in the last few years has just sounded phenomenal (Something Corporate's "North" pressing that he released a couple years ago is still easily the best sounding record I own).  Feels like he went cheap on this one, and it definitely shows.

Let us know how it sounds after you have a chance to spin it.  I'm curious if it sounds any better.

North was pressed by ETR iirc. I've heard it sounds great which is shocking for most ETR releases.