PO: mewithoutYou - I Never Said That I Was Brave

19 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

FYI, there is a track on the b-side that goes to a locked groove before the etching

Reveal hidden contents

an acoustic variation of We Know Who Our Enemies Are

My copy doesn't have a locked groove, so I would recommend every not stray too far from their turntable while playing it

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

Which variant? I'm sure they meant to have a locked groove, but either it didn't come out perfect or your tonearm is a little off.

The funfetti variant. I've got plenty of other records with locked grooves that work,  so I'm guessing the groove is slightly off. 

24 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

This thread is making me anxious for the condition of my copy when it shows...it's out for delivery today.

Yeah, it's an incredibly tight jacket with everything they've got in it, so I'm guessing a ton of these are going to come with huge seam splits

Mine showed up today too, and has a really bad dish warp too. My weight seems to flatten it out enough to play without distortion thankfully.... at least the A-side.

Edit: Side-B skips near the beginning due the to warp, but the locked groove works fine.

Edited by Thomas³

18 minutes ago, iamjordanbanks said:

Anyone else's b-side play like it was pressed way off center? A-side plays perfectly, but on the b-side the tone arm is rapidly swinging left to right causing some extremely audible pitch shifting.

I should specify, I got the pokeball variant.

Yes. I got the rainbow funfetti variant and the B side is pretty wildly warbling. Was this on purpose? I have no idea, it seems really strange.

Thankfully everything's in good enough shape for me re: warping/seamsplits. One split on the right side of the PVC and a couple on the inner, but I don't mind... it's a beautiful release. Only thing I'm weirded out over is the B-side warbling, but it's safe to assume that's impacting the whole press, so I'm not worried much.

Pretty great release, overall.

43 minutes ago, deer said:

Thankfully everything's in good enough shape for me re: warping/seamsplits. One split on the right side of the PVC and a couple on the inner, but I don't mind... it's a beautiful release. Only thing I'm weirded out over is the B-side warbling, but it's safe to assume that's impacting the whole press, so I'm not worried much.

Pretty great release, overall.

I don't recall any warbling on mine

Mine tracks fine, no surface noise, no warble, no skips or IDG. I got a slight split, and you can visually see a slight warp but only on the B-side. Looks beautiful and sounds damn good like it's actually mastered for vinyl. Very happy with my purchase, I got the bubblegum brain

Received Funfetti today.  It's in damn near perfect condition.  Slight dish, but that's to be expected when one side doesn't have a label, it didn't effect playback at all.  B side is definitely off center but again, not enough to impact the sound.  The lock groove worked fine on my table, though I suspect if it had been much more off center it would have jumped.  No seam splits!!