The Get Up Kids - On A Wire/Eudora/Guilt Show - Vagrant 20th Anniversary Repress

rrd

• 1 month later...

Guilt Show came out when I was 21 and completely unable to relate to an album that I perceived to be about divorce. Picking up this reissue has allowed me to see how strong and wonderful this album really is. Holy crap I've spent the last 12 years missing out.

Still not their best though.

1 hour ago, bridley said:

Guilt Show came out when I was 21 and completely unable to relate to an album that I perceived to be about divorce. Picking up this reissue has allowed me to see how strong and wonderful this album really is. Holy crap I've spent the last 12 years missing out.

Still not their best though.

This record is very top heavy. Comes out the gates on fire, but loses speed in the second half. "Sympathy," however, may be the finest track on the album.

Guilt Show was the first GUK record I ever heard in high school. It instantly became one of my top favorite albums of all time. I would call it my favorite of theirs because it was the first discovered, but I would probably say On A Wire is the best overall.

Edited by andysrobbins

I know it's just a collection, but I throw on Eudora more than most because it has such a good array of stuff. I love the covers on that album, and Up On the Roof is one of my faves. On a Wire is definitely their best album output in my eyes as well though. Campfire Kansas is an unbelievably amazing song.

58 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

I know it's just a collection, but I throw on Eudora more than most because it has such a good array of stuff. I love the covers on that album, and Up On the Roof is one of my faves. On a Wire is definitely their best album output in my eyes as well though. Campfire Kansas is an unbelievably amazing song.

Central Standard Time is probably my favourite song of theirs but STWHA fav album.

Actually Close To Home is my favourite.

Edited by Skacel

• 1 year later...