FS: Unique LP Display Case

Vinyl_Puck

Hello.  A teammate from my hockey team directed me to this site since I was struggling to sell this on ebay.  I had got this made not too long ago.  I wanted a unique way to display my newest records so I had a company make a custom clear 1/4" thick acrylic display holder/case for LPs.  It can hold about 40-50 LPs depending on the basic factors (sleeves, weight, jacket size, etc).  The pics I provided do not do much justice for how awesome this looks but gives an idea.  I really like this case and got compliments anytime friends that appreciate the art of vinyl have seen it.  But after reworking my storage area, this no longer fits on my shelf and I do not have a current use for it so I decided to pass it on.  I having trouble selling it so that's why my teammate sent me here to the forum where vinyl is the only way so I may find the right person.  Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/

Edited by Vinyl_Puck

10 hours ago, stl_ben said:

What is the dimensions on that?  Seems way too small for 50 records.

Hello stl_ben,

It is about 14 by 14 by 7 inches.  I have fit 40 LPs in it with some wiggle room but that is why I say factors come into play that will change the amount that could fit inside of it.  Depends on single/double record, gram weight of record, sleeves, how big or packed the jacket is, etc.  Thanks for the comment.

9 hours ago, rds said:

$85 is 30% of what you paid for it?

Hello rds,

I paid $120 for it.  I said I listed it for about 30% less then what I paid.  I edited the post to be more clear.  Thanks for the comment.

9 hours ago, Holo said:

I want to sell this guy a car sometime :P

$85 is 70% of what you paid you totally got ffucked 

Hello Holo,

I paid $120 for it.  I said I listed it for about 30% less then what I paid.  I edited the post to be more clear.  Thanks for the comment.

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

7"?  That's enough room maybe 20 records, no way 50.

Also if you paid $120 for it.....some body got you good!

Hello stl_ben,

I fit 40 LPs in myself and there was still some wiggle room so  it is just a estimation.  I also think you would be surprised if you got some quotes on how much a custom piece made of thick acrylic of this size costs.  I could of paid less using 1/8" thick acrylic but I went for top quality with 1/4" thick acrylic to really make a nice strong LP case.  I also did not intend on selling it so I think it was worth it and with the interest I have got in it so far, I think someone else will understand too.  Thanks for the comments.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:10 PM, nancy_raygun said:

Wait, so is it just an acrylic box?  Like a fish tank?

Hello nancy_raygun,

Yes it is a strong acrylic box built to house LPs and looks beautiful when doing so,  it is made out of similar material to a fish tank.  Thanks for the comment.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:26 AM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah it does. Plus...$85? I'd maybe pay $5-10 for something like that. Maybe. I'd probably have to be pretty drunk though.

Hello The Ghost of Randy Savage,

Missed your comment the first time through but  believe it or not I paid $120.  Custom acrylic pieces of this thickness and quality are not cheap but definitely worth it.  Thanks for the comment. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, rds said:

Would you consider running a 17% off discount for Record Store Day 2017?

Hello rds,

Yes for sure.  If it does not sell by then, but  this is the least expensive record case for sale on ebay and the coolest most unique one too.  Plus, it would make a great gift especially around these holidays.  So I do not know if will last until then.

cheapest case at $75?!?!

Um just a quick ebay search pops this guy up for $15 and I'm sure you can find cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-Record-case-holder-Album-vinyl-travel-storage-13-x-13-x-5-Brewers-radio-/232166391673?hash=item360e31ff79:g:xOUAAOSwB09YRyVt

If your thinking icky that doesn't look fancy enough, then I would recommend this guy from Ikea for $35 it will hold even more records

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20275814/

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, stl_ben said:

cheapest case at $75?!?!

Um just a quick ebay search pops this guy up for $15 and I'm sure you can find cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-Record-case-holder-Album-vinyl-travel-storage-13-x-13-x-5-Brewers-radio-/232166391673?hash=item360e31ff79:g:xOUAAOSwB09YRyVt

If your thinking icky that doesn't look fancy enough, then I would recommend this guy from Ikea for $35 it will hold even more records

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20275814/

Hello stl_ben,

The first link on ebay you posted is a dirty used box.  The second link is of a giant piece of do it yourself shelfing that most people won't be able to do.  If you look at a somewhat comparable piece it will be at least 2x as much seen here:    http://www.ebay.com/itm/332036788967   and it is still not as unique or does not represent the beauty of vinyl records.  Another way to see it is, you go to a store to buy 2 records and it will cost you over $80 and a month later you will never listen to them again or you can get a case to  house your records and be a conversation piece the rest of your life.  Thanks for the comments.

Edited by Vinyl_Puck

13 minutes ago, Vinyl_Puck said:

Hello stl_ben,

The first link on ebay you posted is a dirty used box.  The second link is of a giant piece of do it yourself shelfing that most people won't be able to do.  If you look at a somewhat comparable piece it will be at least 2x as much seen here:    http://www.ebay.com/itm/332036788967   and it is still not as unique or does not represent the beauty of vinyl records.  Another way to see it is, go you to a store to buy 2 records and it will cost you over $80 and a month later you will never listen to them again or for less then that you can get a case to will house your records and be a conversation piece the rest of your life.  Thanks for the comments.

Hey there, vinyl_yuck. Can you explain to me how "most people" wouldn't be able to do a kallax? Like, Ikea shit is some of the easiest shit to build. 

And what is the fuck is "go you to a store" and where are you buying records that 2 is costing $80? 

Boy, you are weird. 

If you want quality storage that will make the neighbors blush, do yourself a favor and pick up the only custom made acrylic vinyl storage solution under $75. The transparent 100% solid acrylic illuminates the majesty of your favorite LP cover art while providing the protection that other storage systems often promise but rarely deliver. At only $75, less than a new automobile fresh off the showroom floor, you can honor the sacred bond between musician and listener by giving your records a home that was hand-built by a highly skilled unnamed source who we assure you is the only individual capable of creating such a trophy case. Trust me. You can spend $25 worth of fuel to visit a record store four towns over and buy 2 shitty albums by some nobody has-beens who can only dream of carrying Jimmy Page's jock for $297 and then pay the record shop bouncer the customary $45 exit fee on your way out but none of that will bring you what you really want: face time with your cruel and uninvolved Creator. You know what you have always wanted to say to the High One and you've spent countless hours carving the crude, makeshift weapon you intend to smuggle across metaphysical borders to try and take Him down. Well, folks, for only $75, you can finally secure the final medallion of Light and Dark, built from custom-glued economy grade acrylic and capable of holding up to 75 or 12 LPs, required to unlock one face-to-face confrontation with the One who built and abandoned this chaotic reality and secure your dream of shouting "I am the True Creator! For I hold my destiny in mine own hands!" as you ram a sharpened PVC pipe dipped in arsenic and dragon blood into His ember power crystal. Please, be sure to provide your correct address when checking out with PayPal. Thank you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/332036788967 

59 minutes ago, Vinyl_Puck said:

If you look at a somewhat comparable piece it will be at least 2x as much seen here:    http://www.ebay.com/itm/332036788967   a

try your math again, thats for 4 cases, so if you divide that out individually yours is twice the price as any one of those.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, THE_James_Champ said:

Hey there, vinyl_yuck. Can you explain to me how "most people" wouldn't be able to do a kallax? Like, Ikea shit is some of the easiest shit to build. 

And what is the fuck is "go you to a store" and where are you buying records that 2 is costing $80? 

Boy, you are weird. 

Hello THE_James_Champ,

Have you meet people in the world today? If yes then I think you just answered your own question.  Also, most new records are going to cost $30-$40 at your local mom and pop shop, add tax to the mix and you are easily above the $80 mark.  Thanks for your comment.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, Brock N Roll said:

Ive bought dozens of things over the years from Ikea and have never had a problem putting them together.

This is one strange guy. Have you been drinkin' drugs?

Hello Brock N Roll,

Most does not mean everyone.  Good to see another fellow with carpenter skills.  Thanks for your comment.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, stl_ben said:

Ikea furniture is super easy to put together.

Records don't cost $80 for 2 of them.....

And why would I never listen to my records again?

I don't think you understand the people in this group....

Hello stl_ben,

Most people are not capable some of the things you find to be simple. 

If you buy 2 new records from your local mom and pop shop at about $30-$40 each plus tax then you would easily be above the $80 price mark. 

Most record collections are materialistic, a one or two listen and then done. 

I was thought this was a group of people who appreciated vinyl. 

Thanks for your comment.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, rds said:

If you want quality storage that will make the neighbors blush, do yourself a favor and pick up the only custom made acrylic vinyl storage solution under $75. The transparent 100% solid acrylic illuminates the majesty of your favorite LP cover art while providing the protection that other storage systems often promise but rarely deliver. At only $75, less than a new automobile fresh off the showroom floor, you can honor the sacred bond between musician and listener by giving your records a home that was hand-built by a highly skilled unnamed source who we assure you is the only individual capable of creating such a trophy case. Trust me. You can spend $25 worth of fuel to visit a record store four towns over and buy 2 shitty albums by some nobody has-beens who can only dream of carrying Jimmy Page's jock for $297 and then pay the record shop bouncer the customary $45 exit fee on your way out but none of that will bring you what you really want: face time with your cruel and uninvolved Creator. You know what you have always wanted to say to the High One and you've spent countless hours carving the crude, makeshift weapon you intend to smuggle across metaphysical borders to try and take Him down. Well, folks, for only $75, you can finally secure the final medallion of Light and Dark, built from custom-glued economy grade acrylic and capable of holding up to 75 or 12 LPs, required to unlock one face-to-face confrontation with the One who built and abandoned this chaotic reality and secure your dream of shouting "I am the True Creator! For I hold my destiny in mine own hands!" as you ram a sharpened PVC pipe dipped in arsenic and dragon blood into His ember power crystal. Please, be sure to provide your correct address when checking out with PayPal. Thank you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/332036788967 

Hello rds,

Mocking me?  I am just trying to sell something that I don't have the space for since I had to move into my friends closet until my Jamaican lotto winnings get transferred to the states.  I quit my job after winning and had to pay the transfer fees upfront which cleared out the bank so now down on my luck with the transfer keep getting delayed, I do not need the mocking.  But thanks for your comment.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, [Banned User] said:

I do custom acrylic boxes with artwork etching for around $50 shipped. Holds up to 15 records. 

Hello [Banned User],

I could of used you many years ago when I bought this.  Thanks for your comment.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:15 AM, EGsynergy said:

I agree this guy is trying to rip y'all off but I can't help but appreciate how professionally he's replied to everyone's comments

Hello EGsynergy,

I just lowered the price to $50 so I am losing a lot now so no one is being ripped off.  Opposite with this deal now in fact.  I am professional because I worked in the customer service department of e-mail support for years so it becomes a habit that is unbreakable.   Thanks for your comment.

Hello everyone,

Wow what a response in the week I have been gone.  I will try to get on the pc more often then once a week and talk to you all more.  In the Christmas spirit I lowered the price to about half of what I paid so someone gets happy Christmas this year.  Thanks for all the comments.