PO: Set and Setting - "Reflectionless"

kisol

Currently up for PRE-ORDER is the third album from Set and Setting, titled "Reflectionless." Vinyl purchases will be shipped on or around the album release date of January 27, 2017.  All purchases receive a digital download of "Reflectionless" which will be emailed on release day.

"Reflectionless" was recorded by Ryan Haft (Torche, Capsule) at Black Bear Studios in Gainesville, FL.

Artwork was created by Samantha Muljat.

Grimace Purple/Easter Yellow Vinyl /300

EU limited edition: Orange Crush with Grimace Purple smoke /100

US limited edition: Easter Yellow /100

Edited by kisol

Equanimity was great at the time it came out because there was such a lull in the genre, and I found A Vivid Memory even more enjoyable with more hooks/riffage (I know it must be the minority opinion as you can still can the limited /200 Variant from SoS). The Black vinyl is very quiet.

I like this first track pretty well, ? 7.5/10 after 3 listens , but hope it is not the best track on the album. 

Gonna wait til January to hear the whole thing before getting vinyl since shelf space is running low.

I just saw these guys in Orlando a few weeks ago opening for True Widow and they far and away blew them out of the water...very powerful, dual drums slay live -- ferocious riffage...

Buy the record to support this wonderful band!

Was also nice to see that my friend Ryan Haft (WRONG, Capsule, Torche, HEAVY DRAG) recorded the album as well...

Edited by mertzrock

11 hours ago, mertzrock said:

I just saw these guys in Orlando a few weeks ago opening for True Widow and they far and away blew them out of the water...very powerful, dual drums slay live -- ferocious riffage...

Buy the record to support this wonderful band!

Was also nice to see that my friend Ryan Haft (WRONG, Capsule, Torche, HEAVY DRAG) recorded the album as well...

That is exactly how I felt the one time that I saw them. I don't think they accurately capture the drums on record. 

• 2 months later...

This is finally out and available to listen in full https://setandsetting.bandcamp.com/

I'm really digging the album, it's a really well done mix of post rock, post metal, nice blast beats and also a great stoner vibe expecially in the last song. 

I got my copy of the orange variant from Dunk and it sounds and looks awesome, I really love the artwork of this one, it was made by Samantha Muljat, I recommend to check out her works here.

First pass through I'm liking it as well.

Hope to catch them live someday, since Falin has posted how good they are. I find a lot of post-xxxx bands are like that, especially Caspian and Russian Circles.  Seeing them live almost kills the vinyl experience which just can't capture them.