Taking a trip to Cleveland, any record & comic shop recommendations?

Hey peeps, I'm tabling at Genghis Con on Sunday in Cleveland

I'm driving in from NJ tomorrow morning and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for comic/record stores

//Do any of you know of any comic shops that stock indies? Would love to leave some of my stuff there while I'm in town for the weekend 

(+2 points for anyone that knows decent spots for RSD so I can cop Death Grips & Conor Oberst despite getting into Cleveland in the afternoon)

agreed with the above mentioned.

-Housefrau  though small is another good one.

which is also around the corner from Guide To Culture and that place has a ton of zines.

I'm sure he'd probably stock your stuff.

-Blue Arrow (right down the street from Music Saves) imo this place is much better,

especially for used stuff, though music saves might have more rsd records.

Edited by icecream

Housefrau had some cool stuff! I didn't get the chance to make it to the others, Guide to Culture actually recently closed down which is unfortunate since it seemed really nice

The girlfriend and I stocked up comics at Loop-Tremont which was a dream shop, records, coffee, and art

Thanks for the recommendations peeps! Not much time tomorrow because of the fest so I'll have to hit these places next time

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, jerseypride said:

Reviving this thread since I’m heading to the Rock Hall induction next month.  Is FYE  a decent shop for used LPs? I’d also love suggestions for neighborhoods for eating and good beer. From what I’ve heard Ohio City has a pretty cool vibe.

Can't speak for FYE, but if you have the time to head about 20-30 minutes south, The Vinyl Groove in Bedford is one of the best shops in the area, maybe the state. Small town, vintage vibe, super cool dudes. You won't regret going.

For eating, if you like Italian, Little Italy is the place to be (big surprise). Tons of pizza options, and Rising Star Coffee is nearby.  Tremont also has pretty good food, and it's closer to downtown.

4 hours ago, erasedtapes said:

Can't speak for FYE, but if you have the time to head about 20-30 minutes south, The Vinyl Groove in Bedford is one of the best shops in the area, maybe the state. Small town, vintage vibe, super cool dudes. You won't regret going.

For eating, if you like Italian, Little Italy is the place to be (big surprise). Tons of pizza options, and Rising Star Coffee is nearby.  Tremont also has pretty good food, and it's closer to downtown.

Mama Santo's has some of the best pizza I have ever had.

11 hours ago, jerseypride said:

Reviving this thread since I’m heading to the Rock Hall induction next month.  Is FYE  a decent shop for used LPs? I’d also love suggestions for neighborhoods for eating and good beer. From what I’ve heard Ohio City has a pretty cool vibe.

Masthead is the newest craft beer attraction in Cleveland that is all the rage.  Specializing in hazy IPAs right now but their Tiramisu Underverse stout is insanely good.