PO: Frank Ocean - Blonde (Black Friday Promo ONLY)

16 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

Surprised the record is still around with just a few hours to go. Don't think I'm going to do it though, thinking there's gotta be a large release coming, maybe.

Seems like they've pushed the release back as more people order. They're most likely pressing to order and that's it

16 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

Surprised the record is still around with just a few hours to go. Don't think I'm going to do it though, thinking there's gotta be a large release coming, maybe.

A record store in Toronto mentioned something about a big release next year.  Who Knows where that info comeS from though..

It's still around because it's a 24 hour order period. There may be a larger run, but I'm more doubtful because they have pushed the shipping date for new orders. If there was gonna be a wider release they probably would have said fuck it and capped it at whatever they could produce and sell today knowing they would sell more later during a wider release.

Just now, Shinji said:

Pretty lame if we all have to wait until January now

I'd expect the people that ordered with Dec 5 or Dec 17 estimates to still get them shipped around that time. When I ordered my new iPhone on launch night people just kept seeing their delivery dates pushed further and further back as orders kept coming in. Held true to it.

4 hours ago, azvd said:

Any idea if the tracklisting is the same between the 2xLP / CD / book CD?

I read there was an alternative tracklisting with two bonus tracks in a CD-R when it was released some months ago. I actually never came across this alternative version...

I have to CD-R version (was lucky enough to grab a copy of the magazine back in August). There's no additional songs. The album is called "blonded" for some reason and the only difference is, there's (and I'm sorry I don't know the name of the artist) a Japanese "rapper" that has a verse on "Nikes"

6 hours ago, azvd said:

Weird.

I mean this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Ocean-Blond/release/8954762

If you check the pictures, there's supposed to be two bonus tracks.

yeah those two songs aren't actually on the physical CD, just printed in the magazine. The only difference between the releases is  that Nikes has a Kohh verse. 

21 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

This is right up there with Glassjaw's Coloring Book for too limited for its own good.   

Is there word of a wide release for this?

At least people had 24 hours to place an order for this, which obviously sucks if you were busy with the holiday, but it beats the hell out of the minutes it took for CB to sell out. There will be thousands of these while there are 120 CBs.

50 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

At least people had 24 hours to place an order for this, which obviously sucks if you were busy with the holiday, but it beats the hell out of the minutes it took for CB to sell out. There will be thousands of these while there are 120 CBs.

it's just a really bad example lol 

1 hour ago, firefoxussr said:

This is right up there with Glassjaw's Coloring Book for too limited for its own good.   

Is there word of a wide release for this?

I mean...unlimited amount of orders for 24 hours isn't that crazy to me. If they'd limited it to 1000 copies it would have been gone in way less time than that.

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Will this be available on the secondary market for around cost you think? I stalled on buying yesterday but wish I would have pulled the trigger. If anyone bought 2 or has buyers remorse please PM me

currently selling for $100+ (150+ on eBay) with ease but someone might have mercy with a copy 

9 hours ago, dantheriver said:

What is CB?

Well, the magazine is still up at boysdontcry for the same crazy $80. The shirt, music and posters have been brought down.

It makes me think that Blonde is getting a regular, wide release and the Black Friday 24h thing was a way to push the release and give people the opportunity to preorder it, although the site didn't make it clear. Perhaps an exclusive color? It doesn't seem reasonable that they would go into this whole artwork, pressing and distribution work for a 24h timeframe of sales when they could feed a bigger and obvious audience.