Can we get the Quote function fixed already????

vinyl addict

The quote function has not worked properly since day one of the sites update. 

Can we get it fixed please?

Old quotes remain in the reply box when you try to post a separate message at a later time. They can not be removed.

Also, when I try to quote sometimes, it doesn't show up in the reply box.

Edited by vinyl addict

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

The quote function has not worked properly since day one of the sites update. 

Can we get it fixed please?

Old quotes remain in the reply box when you try to post a separate message at a later time. They can not be removed.

Also, when I try to quote sometimes, it doesn't show up in the reply box.

What browser are you using? I haven't been having these issues.

6 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Google Chrome. I'm definitely not the only one, I see empty quote boxes all the time on here.

Ditto, but basically it happens when I quote something, but then change my mind and close the window.

However, they CAN be removed, it's just tricky.  You click anywhere in the quote box then a little... thing appears in the top left corner.  Click on that then press backspace on your keyboard.

I have this frustrating issue on my Amazon Fire. I use the silk browser and if I have a second thought on quoting I can't get rid of the quote box unless I post the useless quote box. I see a little button on the top left of the quote box but I can't do anything with it. 

And, if I leave and come back to a thread (don't post the unused quote) I go to post a comment and the quote box remains. Very frustrating. 

Also, if I tap in a quoted section, I can't tap underneath it to respond to the quote outside of the quote. So everything runs together. 

3 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I have this frustrating issue on my Amazon Fire. I use the silk browser and if I have a second thought on quoting I can't get rid of the quote box unless I post the useless quote box. I see a little button on the top left of the quote box but I can't do anything with it. 

And, if I leave and come back to a thread (don't post the unused quote) I go to post a comment and the quote box remains. Very frustrating. 

Also, if I tap in a quoted section, I can't tap underneath it to respond to the quote outside of the quote. So everything runs together. 

Ditto on Google Chrome with Android

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Been going pretty smoothly lately.

Still can't delete a quote box with Chrome mobile on Android.

I'm being patient though.

Edit: I also notice the pages now become unresponsive occasionally. Like I can scroll up and down, but trying to reply, edit etc is unresponsive. It's like I'm not even touching the selection (edit etc).

Just started happening a few days ago.

Edited by vinyl addict

• 2 months later...

I'm still getting this issue on Chrome via Android as well. It honestly impacts on me commenting around here as much because half the time I simply can't get rid of the quote box. I used to chat around here a fair amount before the site upgrade, and then the quote box issue happened and I stopped bothering...

6 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

I'm still getting this issue on Chrome via Android as well. It honestly impacts on me commenting around here as much because half the time I simply can't get rid of the quote box. I used to chat around here a fair amount before the site upgrade, and then the quote box issue happened and I stopped bothering...

Ditto. They don't care enough to fix it, why should I care enough to bother with it.

I'm sure it's a pretty simple fix...

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to make it so the quote function is not "editable"? I've had people take my posts and change the words to suit their own purposes or insult me. Why is this an option? I can understand partial quotes can be used the same way out of context, but when people take your post and insert their own words it seems kind of pointless for it to be displayed as a "quote"...

5 hours ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

Is there a way to make it so the quote function is not "edible"? I've had people take eat posts and change the words to suit their own purposes or insult me. Why is this an option? I can understand partial quotes can be used the same way out of context, but when people take your post and insert their own mouth it seems kind of pointless for it to be displayed as a "quote"...

5 hours ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

Is there a way to make it so that I'm not so "sensitive"? I've had people take my posts and change the words to suit their own purposes or insult me. Why does it hurt so much? I can understand partial quotes can be used the same way out of context, but when people take your post and insert their own words for a harmless laugh on an internet forum I cry and cry and it seems kind of pointless for it to be displayed as a "quote"...