removed

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

See, I know other members have self promoted themselves in the past, SO i'm having a hard time understanding why this dude was attacked. It wasn't even his first post. And you know what, I was kinda interested in what the guy had written...

I think the initial rationale was that most acceptable self-promoters are active members of the forum, but I also think it's a classic case of VC bandwagoning on the first opinion posted in the thread for laughs

Edited by DOMAN127

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I think the initial rationale was that most acceptable self-promoters are active members of the forum, but I also think it's a classic case of VC bandwagoning on the first opinion posted in the thread for laughs

I will partially agree, however, the real issue was his over reaction to an extremely harmless first response. 

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

See, I know other members have self promoted themselves in the past, SO i'm having a hard time understanding why this dude was attacked. It wasn't even his first post. And you know what, I was kinda interested in what the guy had written...

Attacked is a strong word, feels like mild sarcasm / ribbing to me.

While I don't condone bullying (though I'm not sure this qualifies), if you're going to post stuff on the internet you need to have a thick skin.  Especially when you post it somewhere that's not specifically for the thing you're posting.

@Le Mythe de Sisyphe, post that shit.  I enjoy a good short story.

Lol, I get what you're saying. I think the fact it's the "everything else" board doesn't mean it still has to be vinyl related. What do I know, I'm just some schmuck.

28 minutes ago, daegor said:

@Le Mythe de Sisyphe, post that shit.  I enjoy a good short story.

also, it was a link to purchase a book he wrote.

2 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Lol, I get what you're saying. I think the fact it's the "everything else" board doesn't mean it still has to be vinyl related. What do I know, I'm just some schmuck.

also, it was a link to purchase a book he wrote.

Agreed. For all the inane stuff that gets posted on here, kind of silly to say the post was poor etiquette.

The first response seemed like good natured ribbing toward a user who isn't super active all of a sudden posting self-promotion.

It was OP's response to that post which started the trouble as I see it. If he'd just taken it in stride rather than being kind of a turd I don't think people would have piled on so much. I was originally going to look into his book, but after seeing how he acted and how poor his writing skills seem to be just in the context of this thread I'm out.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage