PO now: Strand Of Oaks - Hard Love

Mine hasn't arrived yet but I'm in the UK. Swear when I got HEAL it landed before the actual release date.  Will be pissed if this doesn't actually arrive as the deluxe bundle is sold out which makes getting a replacement sent out shaky. Used the leak to hold me over and will probably email them if it's not here by the 3rd March. Love the album as a whole but especially Cry.

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Mine hasn't arrived yet but I'm in the UK. Swear when I got HEAL it landed before the actual release date.  Will be pissed if this doesn't actually arrive as the deluxe bundle is sold out which makes getting a replacement sent out shaky. Used the leak to hold me over and will probably email them if it's not here by the 3rd March. Love the album as a whole but especially Cry.

Got it in Scotland today, not played it or listened to download yet though...

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

16992056_10158321214455181_7179624368097

Finally got my bundle today. Anyone know whether the track from the Flexi is included on the download card? I can rip it myself but if its on the card I'll save myself the hassle, if it isn't I'll give my code away,

The flexi isn't on the card. 

On 2/22/2017 at 10:56 AM, warhenrecords said:

New Lagniappe Session up on Aquarium Drunkard today.

He covers Phish, Primal Scream and The Stone Roses.

Free DL of the tracks available > http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/

strandsOfOak.jpg

There are also two more covers that can be found from his previous session on the site, too. One from Moby, and I forget the other one. 

Also, there is a free MP3/FLAC download of their show in 2014, at the Bowery Ballroom. It's a pretty cool set, so if you're into the band, feel free to check it out. 

http://www.nyctaper.com/2014/12/strand-of-oaks-december-4-2014-bowery-ballroom-flacmp3full-set-streaming/
Tracks [81:57]
01. HEAL
02. Same Emotions
03. Last to Swim
04. [banter]
05. Goshen ’97
06. For Me
07. JM
08. [banter]
09. My Wrecking Ball [Ryan Adams]
10. Diamond Drill
11. [banter]
12. Woke Up to the Light
13. Shut In
14. [banter]
15. Plymouth
16. [banter]
17. Sterling
18. [banter]
19. Wait For Love
20. [encore break]
21. Alex Chilton [The Replacements]
22. Mirage Year

Edited by PookdaddyG

• 9 months later...

Today, Strand of Oaks announces Harder Love, a collection of Tim Showalter’s unreleased, original recordings for the album Hard Love, for release on January 19th. The announcement comes on the heels of Bruce Warren at WXPN premiering the brand new single, “Passing Out,” last week. The single is officially out today.

Pairing the earliest versions tracks from Hard Love with previously-unreleased material (including some tracks deemed “too weird” for the official release), Harder Love pushes Showalter’s sound to a stranger, rawer place. In many ways, the forthcoming release serves as the tripped out, spiritual brother to its predecessor.

The Westerberg-esque beauty “Passing Out” offers the first peek at some solid, previously-unreleased Strand of Oaks material, and subsequent new tracks (e.g., “Sober,” “Dream Brother,” “Rain Won’t Come”) not only make Harder Love a dynamic listen, but also speak to Showalter’s songwriting versatility. Showalter puts it simply himself: “Life is short and more fucked up by the day…and I don’t want to waste any more time being afraid to be weird and let all my songs out there.”

The 12” physical version of Harder Love is limited to a 500 pressing and features unused and alternative takes from Hard Love. Harder Love will be available digitally worldwide, with two additional bonus tracks available only on the digital version.

Harder Love will also available physically via retailers in limited territories (US and Benelux). There will be copies of the 12” available for purchase at the merch table of this year’s sold out Winter Classic at Philadelphia’s Boot & Saddle, where Strand of Oaks will be playing December 8th, 9th, and 10th.

Harder Love tracklisting
1. Harder Love
2. Passing Out
3. Cry (Alt Version)
4. On The Hill (Alt Version)
5. Sober
6. Dream Brother
7. Rain Won’t Come
8. Wicked Water
9. Chill Tent
———————-
10. On The Hill (Extended) [Bonus Track, Digital Only]
11. Wanna Get Lost [Bonus Track, Digital Only]

1 minute ago, ryantark said:

“Harder Love” - Demos/oddities from Hard Love - $16 black wax - Shipping in January 

https://strandofoaks.bandcamp.com/album/harder-love

Beat me to it by seconds.