PO Now Run The Jewels 3

I just gotta say for me this album is a 9/10 after the first 3 listens, and I'm pretty confident it'll be AOTY unless we get another prolific year in Hip-Hop like we did in 2015. I am a huge Run the Jewels fan so I understand if people are questioning me claiming this so early, just imagine if one of your favorite artists released an amazing album, you'd probably be freaking out just like me.

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I said AOTY 2017 on like the first page but got my ass handed to me for it and now that it's out, everyone agrees wth my prediction? 

Well, no.  Not at all.  I actually have no idea where you're getting that – if anything, one person is arguably jumping the gun and ruling out the possibility of enjoying anything more than RTJ3 for the next 370 days, and the rest of us are questioning that.

Can't dispute that Killer Mike is the man though.

5 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Album is great. Definitely sounds like there's been plenty of progression between this and RTJ2. RTJ3 is fucking thick and meaty haha. Also much more serious of a tone. Loved De La Rocha at the end.

Completely agree.  I only put in one listen the night it was released, so far, but I'm looking forward to getting accustomed to the digital copy at work tomorrow and seeing how the album grows on me as a whole.  I agree that it's a lot more mature in sound, overall; for better or worse, there are a lot less lines about running backwards through a field of dicks, having your dick in her mouth all night, etc.  Not to say there aren't a few amusing lines here and there, but all in all I'd describe the album as a lot more "dense" in both style and substance.  What I enjoy about that, in particular, is that it very much feels like another chapter and expansion to their sound vs. a clone of RTJ or RTJ2.  It's really early to gauge anything too confidently, but first impressions have me thinking that it's a welcome addition to their sound.  One that I'm happy turned out the way it did.

Edited by Derek™

42 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

I love this album but does anyone else really dislike that Llllive from the Garden chorus? 

Drives me nuts already. 

I love this album but does anyone else really dislike that Llllive from the Garden chorus? 

Drives me nuts already. 

First time I didn't like it but second time I did

FINALLY got to listen to it on my way to work this morning and...its good. Wish I could say great but I just don't know yet on the first listen. I like it just as good as the previous 2 but from the hype, thought it would be better. REALLY enjoying the beats on this though...