~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

1 hour ago, freedumb said:

Last night I checked if ghostly had fixed years of overcharging Canadians shipping but can't tell because it said there was "no shipping method available".

Your cart was either mixed (containing goods from both US and International Shops) or you encountered a glitch. No Canadians had issue yesterday which I can confirm 100%. 

Again, if you wish to save bread on shipping, purchase from the International Shop. Canadians are in an awkward position as far as imports and customs procedures go, and it has nothing to do with Ghostly nor can we control it. Trust me, it bums me out too. Accessibility is something we pride ourselves on. 

You pay what we pay for shipping. Sometimes less. If we were a larger company, perhaps this could be mitigated by taking losses elsewhere, but that's not the case. 

Please understand Ghostly has no sway or control over USPS, UPS, Royal Mail, DPDUK, or Canadian customs regulation. 

Edited by TGSNick

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

I just received my deadstock copy of Telefon Tel Aviv. 

First impression: Incredible!

Heavy-duty gatefold jacket, that literally creaks as you open it.  Very clean looking vinyl with only minor paper scuffing, especially for its age.

Really pleased. Can't wait to spin this this weekend.

Woooooo! Makes my day to hear that. 

Really wanted to like Geotic given I love Baths but it didn't grab me the same way. That being said, that may be Will's point when he talks about it being more os a passive listen. I feel I just needed a bit more to hook me in. 

Luckily Tycho is still holding me over! Really need to delve into his back catalog...

So I just wanted to chime in and say that there was absolutely nothing "dead" about the dead stock I received, on my copy of MOWIE.  Like zdkaiser said, my gatefold crisply creaked and hissed when I opened it up, and it's even got that new-print smell.  Zero ringwear, worn seams, or anything of the nature.  It looks and feels brand new.  I haven't spun it, but I'm happy to read posts stating that the sound quality is ace.

I have to confess that I hadn't heard this album before ordering.  I mostly jumped on it because it's TTA.  And because Ghostly.  Later in the afternoon after ordering, I queued it up on Spotify at work and absolutely loved what I heard.  Really stoked to luck out with the opportunity to order one at face value, and even more pleased with the condition it arrived in.