~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

5 hours ago, freedumb said:

3 single LPs to Canada should not cost $38 shipping to Canada, nice try ghostly.  Do you guys just pocket the excess people pay?

Nope, you're totally right. Thanks for pointing out, something has just broken for sure and we'll get sorted. Not the norm, nor do we make any margin on shipping. 

Should be about 50-60% that cost.

Although you should definitely be taking advantage of our International Shop rates instead..

2 hours ago, TGSNick said:

Nope, you're totally right. Thanks for pointing out, something has just broken for sure and we'll get sorted. Not the norm, nor do we make any margin on shipping. 

Should be about 50-60% that cost.

FYI, I have emailed you (ghostly) directly about this three-four times already over the last two years with no resolution.  Sometimes there's different stuff in the EU vs US stores, which is nice to have this option.  The cost for the US store has been too high and overcharging like that for ages now.

On 4/1/2017 at 10:41 AM, zdkaiser said:

Any hints on when that new Com Truise is going to be announced?

I'd love to hear the new material before I see him in June.

Also, will it be an EP or a LP?

Fairly sure it's an LP but I could be wrong.  Don't want to take the wind out of Nick's sails or say too much too early, but I think this week will be an exciting one for Truise fans.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:44 PM, freedumb said:

FYI, I have emailed you (ghostly) directly about this three-four times already over the last two years with no resolution.  Sometimes there's different stuff in the EU vs US stores, which is nice to have this option.  The cost for the US store has been too high and overcharging like that for ages now.

Yeah, ship costs are tricky. But we fetch realtime rates and of course take no margin.

It's difficult to get right, especially in realtime.

Really appreciate you pointing that out though!

Edited by TGSNick

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Hey Nick the Ghosty,

Gonna go to the Clark/Com Truise show in Toronto in late May. Is there a merch stand planned?

I don't know for sure as Com handles that independently, but it's a safe bet.

I'd bank on apparel, maybe some older releases. Not the upcoming LP though!

And we're live folks! Com Truise PO is now upon us. But first:

MASSIVE thanks to Derek for getting the top post all spiffed up as usual, this thread is obviously nothing without Derek's graphics wizardry and willingness to update accordingly. I know I'm a bit late in the game here, but huge thanks to Derek and everyone else for being so welcoming here. It's real cool to be able to connect with you guys directly, and looking forward to the future!

US Pre-Order is here.

International Pre-Order is here.

Aaaaand the Colored Vinyl + Tee Bundle is here.

Edited by TGSNick
love + praise <3

13 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I'd rather buy from Ghostly, but KM has cheaper shipping options.

Can we get free shipping like the Tycho Epoch release?

We couldn't swing that this time around. But, Media Mail isn't bad within the States and for UK Royal Mail is quite cheap as well. 

Canada has it a bit tough though, as shipping from UK is cheaper overall, but there is also a chance of VAT. This has only affected one order out of tons, but it's unpredictable unfortunately.

Edited by TGSNick
Clarity

Copped Truise

Just also want to say that TGSNick is an absolute hero. Don't think I've ever seen someone so committed to providing great customer support. For that reason, I'd definitely recommend grabbing direct from Ghostly if you can.

Edited by WalnutSoap

1 minute ago, TGSNick said:

Canadians have it a bit tough though, as shipping from UK is cheaper overall for them, but there is also a chance of VAT charge (which apparently has something to do with the ongoing Brexit complications, as explained to me by my UK fulfillment manager)

That explains an absurd charge I got from a UK reseller (basically the cost of the item all over again) that I've essentially never gotten before. That leaves only the EU nation-states for "cheapest" shipping outside of Canada for vinyl at the moment. I might just have to only buy local from now on and give up direct/mail-order, which I have from the States. Can't buy direct from fave labels like TRL and Important anymore.

But hey, I grabbed that gorgeous colour lp of the new Jacaszek from a local store the other day, and you guys really try much harder than most other labels (*cough* Light In The Attic charging a flat 19USD shipping fee per item *cough*) with the best rates, so I don't sweat.