~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

19 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

*groan*

5x+ more than what Com/Clark was selling for on tour. Resellers can be so predatory.

Nick, 

Are these splits gone gone? Or do they simply need to restock before they finish the tour? It's kind of disappointing that they would just sell them all out in the first half of the tour. 

Last night, Com's merch table was selling only one shirt. Felt bad for the guy sitting there selling the shirt.

4 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Nick, 

Are these splits gone gone? Or do they simply need to restock before they finish the tour? It's kind of disappointing that they would just sell them all out in the first half of the tour. 

Last night, Com's merch table was selling only one shirt. Felt bad for the guy sitting there selling the shirt.

This is a good question, I'm actually not sure as we didn't handle production or distro on this record. If they didn't have any on tour when you saw them, I'm inclined to assume they may have pressed a super small run and ran out before the tour was up, though.

When we went to Com here in Brooklyn, the merch between him and Clark was legitimately overwhelming, so to me it sounds like they may have produced very little of everything overall (or maybe they just haven't brought enough along to support the full length of the tour?)

Edited by TGSNick

7 hours ago, TGSNick said:

This is a good question, I'm actually not sure as we didn't handle production or distro on this record. If they didn't have any on tour when you saw them, I'm inclined to assume they may have pressed a super small run and ran out before the tour was up, though.

When we went to Com here in Brooklyn, the merch between him and Clark was legitimately overwhelming, so to me it sounds like they may have produced very little of everything overall (or maybe they just haven't brought enough along to support the full length of the tour?)

Looks like there is only 4 shows left on the tour after KC. I was mistaken thinking they were halfway through. I guess it's not that unusual to have sold everything off by now, especially the vinyl split with Clark.

3 hours ago, Admerr said:

I was at the Dallas show last night. Com was excellent as always. They still had the split 12" available even at the end of the show. I did notice a few tools with multiple copies. Expect to see those on Discogs shortly. 

Just curious, did you buy the vinyl from the Com merch table or from Clark's?

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

Com is selling it but they share the same merch table 

I ask because Com and Clark had two small merch tables that were split apart slightly. I only went over to the Com table and inquired about the 12inch split vinyl. the guy said they were sold out. I wonder if he misunderstood me and thought I was just asking about any Com vinyl in general. And maybe that night they were selling the split at the Clark table? I didn't even look at Clark's table after the guy said they were sold out. Seems strange they would have multiple copies of the split at the Dallas show a few nights later. Maybe they reupped. 

Ahh, whatever. I missed my opportunity and have a gap in my Com vinyl discography now. I'll live.

8 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I ask because Com and Clark had two small merch tables that were split apart slightly. I only went over to the Com table and inquired about the 12inch split vinyl. the guy said they were sold out. I wonder if he misunderstood me and thought I was just asking about any Com vinyl in general. And maybe that night they were selling the split at the Clark table? I didn't even look at Clark's table after the guy said they were sold out. Seems strange they would have multiple copies of the split at the Dallas show a few nights later. Maybe they reupped. 

Ahh, whatever. I missed my opportunity and have a gap in my Com vinyl discography now. I'll live.

Just my two cents: There didn't seem to be too many copies at the Toronto show's table. But maybe they were only displaying 5 at a time? The guy seemed to suggest there weren't many copies left. Show was the 25th or 26th I think? Pressing plant bottlenecks... Hope someone here snaps up a copy and sells you it at face-value.

the KC show was honestly really good.  both CT and clark exceeded my expectations, which were high to begin with. 

i actually talked to to Seth as we both enjoyed a cigarette in front of the record bar.  he said something about more copies coming, but they didn't want a bunch of extra copies laying around so there weren't many more that were going to be available.  so I guess KC just got screwed with bad timing.    

1 hour ago, Aych said:

Got my shipping confirmation for my Iteration preorder yesterday! My copy should be here next Monday. Fingers crossed it gets delivered a bit sooner, but if it doesn't, I'll hold off on listening to the full album until it arrives.

got mine today. pretty excited to give this one a spin.

18 hours ago, Aych said:

Got my shipping confirmation for my Iteration preorder yesterday! My copy should be here next Monday. Fingers crossed it gets delivered a bit sooner, but if it doesn't, I'll hold off on listening to the full album until it arrives.

Amoeba just sent me mine today. Phew! Considering I ordered it in early April it's been a while...

1 hour ago, bobpaul said:

tell me more!  how does it hold up against galactic melt and in decay?

I thought it was kind of "meh" after my first listen. Definitely some stand out tracks, but as a whole, I'd say it's average. I need more time with it. The album will likely grow on me. But nothing on there really shook me like Futureworld, Brokendate, VHS sex, and the other solid tracks from GM. I think the new album is better than ID, but not as solid throughout as GM or Cyanide Sis.

Those are just my initial impressions. I look forward to spending much more time with the album. The pressing from Ghostly looks high quality. Nice package overall, haven't listened to the LPs yet though.

9 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I thought it was kind of "meh" after my first listen. Definitely some stand out tracks, but as a whole, I'd say it's average. I need more time with it. The album will likely grow on me. But nothing on there really shook me like Futureworld, Brokendate, VHS sex, and the other solid tracks from GM. I think the new album is better than ID, but not as solid throughout as GM or Cyanide Sis.

Those are just my initial impressions. I look forward to spending much more time with the album. The pressing from Ghostly looks high quality. Nice package overall, haven't listened to the LPs yet though.

About the same feeling for me as well. The back side has several less intense songs that as I listened forgot all about. Iteration is great closer song though. Out of the 12 songs I was happy with about 6 or 7, which is pretty good. The songs range from GM all the way through so not a steady style. The packaging and quality is very good though.

Edited by rsholtis