~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

56 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Appreciate the offer, but you're right: the post will have to be edited under my profile and I'm not certain that's worth relinquishing my login info, just yet.

Plus I plan on throwing in some bells and whistles to do the thread justice.  Piecing it all together in my head and will probably bring it to life this weekend.

Really appreciate all the tinkering you've done for this thread, Derek! Mega helpful.

6 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

Really appreciate all the tinkering you've done for this thread, Derek! Mega helpful.

It's my pleasure.  Genuinely enjoy dabbling in design and format – just wish VC gave us a little more flexibility.  If anything, though, thank you for giving us all new music to explore and update the thread with.

Actually got the itch and worked on renovating the first post.  I have way more ideas for content and a few things still need to be designed (categorical headers, etc.) but I'm all ears on what the community would like to see incorporated.  No idea how it looks on mobile but I'm sure it's fun.

100% redesigning the "spotlight" features that TGSNick shares with us, but still wanted to throw something up even if I'm not content with it.

I was thinking of a displayed format along the lines of;

SPOTLIGHT

Newest tunes with links to pre-orders.  Newer jams at top, bumping older ones down.  Maybe the most recent 3 so it doesn't get too cluttered?

L.E.

A quick at-a-glance chart or list that shows current vinyl pre-orders [or store stock] that are available on limited edition.  Could be nice to sway the variant collectors, like myself, into hopping on new releases before they sell out. 

Small thumbnails of each album released this year, which link to the respective release.  Could be fun to see it fill up.

Edited by Derek™

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Actually got the itch and worked on renovating the first post.  I have way more ideas for content and a few things still need to be designed (categorical headers, etc.) but I'm all ears on what the community would like to see incorporated.  No idea how it looks on mobile but I'm sure it's fun.

100% redesigning the "spotlight" features that TGSNick shares with us, but still wanted to throw something up even if I'm not content with it.

SPOTLIGHT

Newest tunes with links to pre-orders.  Newer jams at top, bumping older ones down.  Maybe the most recent 3 so it doesn't get too cluttered?

L.E.

A quick at-a-glance chart or list that shows current vinyl pre-orders [or store stock] that are available on limited edition.  Could be nice to sway the variant collectors, like myself, into hopping on new releases before they sell out. 

Small thumbnails of each album released this year, which link to the respective release.  Could be fun to see it fill up.

Holy hell, nice surprise to wake up to, Derek! This looks amazing, and super clean as well. Big, big thanks for whipping this up.

Love the idea of the breakdown you've proposed. If you need any assets from me, let me know and I'll send you over anything I'm permitted to that will help you along with this.

Regarding the concurrent POs, Geotic is still moving strong, would it be possible to include that on the first post beneath Jacaszek's PO?

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

SPOTLIGHT

L.E.

I like this as well, I think the spotlight section would be great for the newest or most recent PO, (i.e. moving the spotlight to 2017 section once a new PO arises)

L.E. for everything that still has a limited variant in stock,

and 2017 for everything released so far that may or may not have stock left and isn't in the spotlight.

I think this covers all our bases without having too many categories or formatting, thanks Derek

On 26. Januar 2017 at 5:03 PM, TGSNick said:

Full steam ahead, folks.

Jacaszek follows up his last Ghostly International release, Glimmer, with his upcoming LP, KWIATY, releasing 3/17/17. Lead cut off this one is "Daffodils."

Available in L.E. Purple vinyl, Black vinyl, CD, and digital, with International purchase link at top of product description as usual. 

Tracklist
01. Flowers 
02. To Perenna 
03. Daffodils 
04. To Violets 
05. Love 
06. Soft Music 
07. To Meadows 
08. White Island 
09. Eternitie 
10. To Blossoms 
11. Gardens 

Very cool! Will order with Geotic...

Nick, any gold "Glimmer" in your warehouse?? :D

On 1/29/2017 at 7:04 AM, freverend said:

Very cool! Will order with Geotic...

Nick, any gold "Glimmer" in your warehouse?? :D

Both Glimmer variants are OoP, but there is a VERY small number of black vinyl that should hit our UK warehouse this week, which is likely the last Glimmer inventory left for us to receive. Looks like you're in Germany, so you should be all good to place an order via our International Shop if you're into the standard variant!

Sorry for the lack of updates to the OP – I upgraded some software this weekend and haven't rebuilt my preferences / brushes / workspace.  I should be back at it tonight and have everything looking snazzier than ever.  Just wanted to confirm that I haven't forgotten about the thread or allowed it to fall by the wayside.

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Sorry for the lack of updates to the OP – I upgraded some software this weekend and haven't rebuilt my preferences / brushes / workspace.  I should be back at it tonight and have everything looking snazzier than ever.  Just wanted to confirm that I haven't forgotten about the thread or allowed it to fall by the wayside.

No worries! You've done a ton as is, no rush! Super appreciative as always, Derek.

9 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Nick, any chance that you guys would press Lo-Fi Stories, Sequel, or Pentral?

No word as of now, but since those were all on Gusstaff (I believe), it doesn't seem likely in the near future.

Was very happy to find Glimmer and an orange copy of Galactic Melt in the international store the other week. 

The Galactic Melt was listed as the Orange cover version but I figured that'd be way too good to be true. 

Just preordered the new Jacaszek and Geotic LPs. Excited!

Edited by erthan

22 hours ago, TGSNick said:

Both Glimmer variants are OoP, but there is a VERY small number of black vinyl that should hit our UK warehouse this week, which is likely the last Glimmer inventory left for us to receive. Looks like you're in Germany, so you should be all good to place an order via our International Shop if you're into the standard variant!

Thanks Nick, I have a back copy ;=) But thanks! Will find a gold one anytime in the future

12 minutes ago, freverend said:

Thanks Nick, I have a back copy ;=) But thanks! Will find a gold one anytime in the future

Aha, lucky you! Good luck on the hunt!

While I'm at it: We've got one (1) last standard black Fahrenheit Fair Enough LP in stock at our US warehouse. This time, it's the last physical we can get our hands on for FFE.

I had held this for a customer as it was returned back to our warehouse, but he opted for a refund, so it's back in the food chain. Link below:

http://www.theghostlystore.com/products/telefon-tel-aviv-fahrenheit-fair-enough

Another announcement:

I spoke with the head of our UK facility, and due to Brexit complicating exports, all of our Canadian customers are advised to shop within our US Shop (Main) rather than our International Shop (UK). Reports are beginning to come in of exorbitant duty charges charged to Canadians who had ordered via our UK warehouse, as it is cheaper despite being twice as far away (go figure). 

Bit of a drag here, but it will wind up being less expensive to buy from our US Shop anyhow with the absence of customs charges. 

Along the same lines: Bandcamp has now allowed us to multi-warehouse, I.e. we now have the ability to choose to ship from either our US or UK facilities. Before, we had to impose a flat ship rate that served more or less as a "catch-all" to cover ship costs for all over the world. Obviously a less-than-ideal way of handling, but Bandcamp is also quite archaic so it was the only route to go in terms of shipping rates. Now, we have much more flexibility towards our Non-NA customers and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

What this means: shipping for Bandcamp will now be much cheaper for all Non-North Americans!

Sorry for the diatribe, just wanted to break the news so people can get their merchandise as inexpensively and with as few barriers as possible. Woohoo, transparency!

Edited by TGSNick

3 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

Another announcement:

Due to Brexit complicating exports, all of our Canadian customers are advised to shop within our US Shop (Main) rather than our International Shop (UK). Reports are beginning to come in of exorbitant duty charges from Canadians who had ordered via our UK warehouse as it is cheaper despite being twice as far away (go figure).

Bit of a drag here, but it will wind up being less expensive anyhow with the absence of customs charges. 

Along the same lines: Bandcamp has now allowed us to multi-warehouse, I.e. we now have the ability to choose to ship from either our US or UK facilities. Before, we had to impose a flat ship rate that served more or less as a "catch-all" to cover ship costs for all over the world. Obviously a less-than-ideal way of doing this, but Bandcamp is also quite archaic.

What this means: shipping for Bandcamp will now be much cheaper for all Non-North Americans!

Sorry for the diatribe, just wanted to break the news so people can get their merchandise as inexpensively and with as few barriers as possible. Woohoo, transparency!

Thanks for the info Nick. But as there are no LE vinyl on the band camp site, I'll stick with your website. And your shipping rates from the UK are not bad at all!

26 minutes ago, freverend said:

Thanks for the info Nick. But as there are no LE vinyl on the band camp site, I'll stick with your website. And your shipping rates from the UK are not bad at all!

Very true! Although some exceptions are made (i.e. TTA - FFE), you're right: we generally only stock standard variants on BC. Good eye ;) 

Thanks Nick.

Already sucks being a Canadian vinyl collector, and this is yet another blow (not your fault, just the reality). I think I'm just going to hope my local shops end up with some of the limited variants you guys put out. I spent double ordering the red Epoch direct from the store, and my local ended up having it for less than half the cost. Glad the money went to you directly though!

4 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Thanks Nick.

Already sucks being a Canadian vinyl collector, and this is yet another blow (not your fault, just the reality). I think I'm just going to hope my local shops end up with some of the limited variants you guys put out. I spent double ordering the red Epoch direct from the store, and my local ended up having it for less than half the cost. Glad the money went to you directly though!

I feel for you guys, it seems that once we launched our UK warehouse it would make things easier for everyone, and yet our geographical neighbors seem to get the brunt of it despite being the closest. Makes 0 sense to me.

42 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

I feel for you guys, it seems that once we launched our UK warehouse it would make things easier for everyone, and yet our geographical neighbors seem to get the brunt of it despite being the closest. Makes 0 sense to me.

It's something I deal with weekly when it comes to pre-orders of limited variants or availability. If I want a Mondo album like The Fountain, it runs me close to $65 CAD all in. It sucks but it's the price you pay if you don't want to miss out. What hurts more is when I walk into my local shops and find what I pre-ordered for half the cost, but when I asked prior to release they didn't know if they would receive the variant.

I have slowed down considerably over the past 6 months because of this, and missed out on pressings. Tis the hobby.

But hey, at least I can get Arts & Crafts, Flemish Eye, Constellation, Last Gang and Dine Alone records at a decent shipping rate / know my locals will have the variants :) 

17 hours ago, Canuckle said:

But hey, at least I can get Arts & Crafts, Flemish Eye, Constellation, Last Gang and Dine Alone records at a decent shipping rate / know my locals will have the variants :) 

Glass half full, attaboy Canuckle!

In other news, Moiré - No Future LPs are in and the LE variant look delicious. Release is 2.17 for this one.  Don't sleep, this record is going to be a big one.

Feast your eyes below, then grab a copy here.

9E9QNwi.jpg