PO: Hootie and Blowfish - Cracked Rear View reissue

As much guff as they got (and deserve to get) its the best college pop rock album of the 90's. Half a dozen solid hits. Yeah its played out, but you get why it sold 20 million copies or whatever. Its not game changer, but its a solid album. And for $20, its an easy buy. Don't know why it took 20+ years to get repressed, but whatever.

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

As much guff as they got (and deserve to get) its the best college pop rock album of the 90's. Half a dozen solid hits. Yeah its played out, but you get why it sold 20 million copies or whatever. Its not game changer, but its a solid album. And for $20, its an easy buy. Don't know why it took 20+ years to get repressed, but whatever.

adam-duritz-counting-crows-danny-clinch-

and

Matchbox-Twenty-NEW-MAIN-photo-by-randal

would like a word with you

17 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/938172?ev=rb

Why? Original press is quite cheap.

Yea, I'm with this guy. That record also only had ONE good song. Not everything needs to be pressed by a band that you once loved.

But I'm probably gonna buy that Fairweather Johnson LP seeing as it's so cheap and I'd pay $7 to listen to "Old Man and Me."

I think the biggest issue with FJ is that it followed too close to CRV. The singles from CRV were still all over the radio. Had they pushed it to fall of 96 or even Spring of 97, people may not have felt Hootie fatigue. But it's sameness to CRV made it blend too much into the CRV era and ultimately FJ fell flat. It's a really good album. It's Hootie's Reckoning if CRV was their Murmur.

DMB blowing up with Crash probably didn't help matters either. Stole a lot of its thunder and it's college bros. 

Edited by timsimmons