PO: Hootie and Blowfish - Cracked Rear View reissue

On 12/8/2016 at 5:18 PM, Eric_Matthews said:

Recovering Satalites  is better

I'm surprised most of the Counting Crows stuff hasn't gotten a reissue. August was re-issued by Analog Productions it was a pretty remarkable 45rpm pressing that sold out quick. Satellites goes for $150 and Desert Life is pushing $300 for the only pressings available. 

40 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Pretty sure that August reissue isn't terribly hard to find. I just bought it this fall. I paid $49 for it. But it is amazingly well done. But yeah, point still stands, real weird they haven't done any other represses. 

I asked Adam at a meet and greet a few years ago about reissuing Satellites and Desert Life on vinyl and he said he doubted it would ever happen. Then he said, well, maybe Satellites...that's all I could get out of him.

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Pretty sure that August reissue isn't terribly hard to find. I just bought it this fall. I paid $49 for it. But it is amazingly well done. But yeah, point still stands, real weird they haven't done any other represses. 

Yeah your right, it is pretty easy to find now. Shortly after it first came out it was difficult to find for a while and it was going for $80+ on discogs. Not sure if they stopped pressing it for a while or it was just the first batch sold quick.  Not sure why they wouldn't want to put the other stuff out, just let a reputable label like AP produce it. i realize it isn't huge money for the band but I would think Satellites and Desert Life have a big enough draw to net the band $30-40K

Edited by Skibum00

• 2 years later...