PO: Grails - Chalice Hymnal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given this a listen a bunch of times and still at loss to explain how much I love this album; Maybe it's the mood or the underlying chill throughout? Dunno! Some immediate favourites are Rebecca (simply because coming out of Tough Guy into that song  is like a needed release) and The Moth & The Flame. Anyway, got me shipping notification, so will spin the hell out of this when it arrives next. 

It's in. My splatter turned out a bit more subtle than the above and looks delightful in hand (will say the darker bits aren't that dark, just kinda hard to photograph). I take back my judgey ways! Sadly can't spin it for a while as all my stuff's packed away, so I'll just have to shred on those sweet picks!

weQ3vdqonFkoKCwSq-qNyns5SC9xPWRe6iePjcYN

Anyone looking to grab their previous releases, Redlight and Burden Of Hope are both available through their newly-opened webstore

Just missed out on the transparent orange BoH. Was just about to check out but seems someone else was quicker.

https://grails.merchtable.com/

4 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

How about pre-Deep Politics? I've not really listened to any of that stuff. Late to the party here. 

Agree with Derek that it's all good, but their first couple of albums are quite different. If you like this and Deep Politics, check out all the Black Tar Prophecies releases. I'd start with newer stuff and work your way back. Also, if you're into Chalice Hymnal, listen to Lilacs & Champagne (side project).

27 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Agree with Derek that it's all good, but their first couple of albums are quite different. If you like this and Deep Politics, check out all the Black Tar Prophecies releases. I'd start with newer stuff and work your way back. Also, if you're into Chalice Hymnal, listen to Lilacs & Champagne (side project).

I'll have to do that! I have listened to the latest Black Tar release, but not the previous one. It was all real, real good. Thanks!

Edited by Mattallurgist