Sepultura-Roadrunner era boxet

• 3 weeks later...

Sepultura recorded a series of albums for Roadrunner Records that had a major influence on heavy metal music throughout the 80s and 90s. THE ROADRUNNER ALBUMS 1985-1996 combines Sepultura’s debut EP BESTIAL DESVESTATION with the group’s first six studio albums: MORBID VISIONS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BENEATH THE REMAINS, ARISE , CHAOS A.D., and ROOTS. The collection will be released on January 27 as a 6CD set and also on vinyl as a 6LP set, with each album pressed in a different color.

https://www.amazon.com/Roadrunner-Albums-1985-1996-Explicit-6LP/dp/B01N6E1Z84?tag=smarturl-20

(As posted by the bands on their FB pages)

got mine yesterday. looks great, though the UV print titles of the albums on the front of the box is pretty tacky. the box has the side opening, so you can see the spines of all the albums, which i much prefer to the type of boxsets that need to be opened/sorted through to find the album you want/have those bullshit flimsy lids. the jackets/artwork are good quality, though the printed inner sleeves are sometimes lacking (the older albums only having black and white printing) but each lp comes in a poly lined black dust cover so you'd never need to use the printed inners anyway.

it's hard to tell in that picture, and i didn't notice it the first time i looked, but there's a very slight green splatter on chaos ad and it rules. 

i've only listened to BTR so far, but the sound/pressing quality was very good, no pops, no warping whatsoever. even if these are done with a digital master from rhino, i'm fine with it. i understand roots is far too long for a single lp, but it will be getting the least amount of play of all of these albums, so it's not a big deal. for the price, this box is outta the ballpark. 

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, jhulud said:

2xLP expanded editions of Chaos A.D. and Roots coming out in November. Remastered with bonus tracks. 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sepultura-expanded-editions-of-chaos-a-d-and-roots-due-this-fall/

Probably will buy, sadly the LP version track listing is different from the cd edition.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, museummouth said:

What's everyone's opinion on this? Should I grab the box or go for singles and get the new expanded remasters coming out later this year. I'm torn.

Same here. Still haven't pulled the trigger on the box. Pretty tho! But I'm def getting the expanded LP. Something tells me the colored will be inferior