PO SOON?: At the Drive-In -New LP

3 hours ago, Holo said:

Does that mean we will finally get a goddamn proper tour?

This. 

They still need to reschedule a bunch of dates (two of which I had tickets to).

New song isn't bad, lyrics could be better. Not as hyped because Jim isn't in the band anymore, but will still give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Moglog said:

Kinda feel the same about this as I did with new Refused.

I assume Jim Ward is not involved? 

59 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

I agree on the refused comment. Another one that immediately comes to mind is Modern Life is War. 

Agree with the refused comparison pretty meh on this, and its a bummer about Jim not being a part of this.

The last MLIW album was great I hadn't listened much to them since My Love, My Way and Fever Hunting got me back into them in a big way.

Just now, Shitty Rambo said:

Lol at people comparing this to American Football. These two bands couldn't be anymore different, followed completely different trajectories, and reformed for dissimilar reasons. 

That was thrown in for shits. 

See Refused for a better comparison. 

I listened to this song once and thought it was good. Not amazing but good. I will definitely listen many more times. I like this one song better than all the Antemasque I heard and I've never listened to that album all the way through because I can't make it through. I don't care for that aesthetic at all. The vocals are a bit weird on "Governed By Contagions" but its ATDI 2016 and Cedric is pretty much done with blowing his voice out on screamed or shouted vocals unless the rest of the album reveals that he has gone back to that at all but I doubt he will. He sings well so he should do that. I do miss the vocal component having the aggression though, I admit. Pieces of the vocal take remind me of parts of "The Malkin Jewel" from Noctourniquet. Otherwise it also sort of reminds me of  "Catacombs" the ROC outtake. Not sure exactly why because I haven't heard that track in a hot minute but something recalls that for me.

Make up dates for the cancelled shows have been announced: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/at_the_drive-in_announce_2017_tour_dates

03/20 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
03/22 New York, NY - Terminal 5
03/25 Boston, MA - House of Blues
03/27 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
03/29 Toronto, ON – Rebel

Edited by voltagedrop

I listened to it once last week and it sounded like a new song ATDI would release in 2016 after a long time of not releasing new material. That's neither awesome or awful. Looking forward to the album and tour, as long as they don't play the shitty venue they played last time.

• 2 weeks later...