PO SOON: Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip 2LP Reissue

rc87

At the top of my "wish it was on vinyl" list for years now, this excellent 2002 release will finally be pressed through MOV in January!

I haven't seen pre-order info yet, but all the usual shops that sell MOV should have it up soon. 

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/jerry-cantrell/degradation-trip#.WEpgH8I8KEc

Edited by rc87

2 hours ago, negavinyl said:

Yassss

Anyone know why MOV hasn't reissued Tripod or Facelift by now? They seem to have luck with the other out of print AIC related stuff. 

The originals sound great. I just picked up Facelift (EU press) for a great price. I've been searching for this specific pressing for a couple years.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:38 AM, vinyl addict said:

The originals sound great. I just picked up Facelift (EU press) for a great price. I've been searching for this specific pressing for a couple years.

I keep the OG on my discogs want list. I assume the minute I break down and buy one it will be repressed.

Also, couldn't agree more on this being the lost AIC album. So good. 

On 12/9/2016 at 8:33 AM, negavinyl said:
18 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

I keep the OG on my discogs want list. I assume the minute I break down and buy one it will be repressed.

Also, couldn't agree more on this being the lost AIC album. So good. 

The EU is the one you want, not the Brazilian press that seems to be much easier to find.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Yes, I have a copy. It sounds excellent, and the packaging is very well done. It's not the crappy glossy MOV covers we see a lot of times. Definitely worth picking up a copy. I only wish it was the full album Vol 1 & 2. 

I got mine but haven't spun it yet. I've only read negative sound reviews so I'm glad you're saying otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I got mine but haven't spun it yet. I've only read negative sound reviews so I'm glad you're saying otherwise. 

I saw a couple negative reviews on Discogs, saying the CD sounded better. That has not been my experience at all. The backing vocals come through great on this pressing, and it's warm and dynamic. Maybe they just don't have the right setups for this. Give it a spin. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a solid 4.5/5. No complaints here.