CONVERGE - Jane Live 2xLP (5 different artist covers) PO Now!

fizio59

41 minutes ago, archiced said:

Great !

Hope I can grab a Baizley edition !

I don't think he means they will repress colors for the other covers. An earlier comment he made said they are going to repress another of the standard version but for the other variants they were just going to do one press. I could be mistaken though! 

7 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I imagine a "2nd press color" would be different than the 1st presses?

...How could it not be...?  In the history of Converge variants – which have been abundant – I don't think there's ever been a repeated color for a repress.  Which is impressive considering how many represses some albums have seen.

[edit]

I could be wrong, but I'd bet top dollar it'll be a new colorway /1,000 or more, coupled with the "standard" edition of the art.

Also, inb4 obvious cash grab and 2nd press already – more like Jane Dough amirite?

Edited by Derek™

8 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I don't think he means they will repress colors for the other covers. An earlier comment he made said they are going to repress another of the standard version but for the other variants they were just going to do one press. I could be mistaken though! 

Nah, you're right there.

The 4 limited covers were a one time only pressing.

As I mentioned before, the Ashley Rose Couture version will remain as the "standard" cover for all time.
This is the version that will remain in press as long as we have the resources to do so.

Thanks. 

13 hours ago, jbannon said:

The 4 limited covers were a one time only pressing.

As I mentioned before, the Ashley Rose Couture version will remain as the "standard" cover for all time.
This is the version that will remain in press as long as we have the resources to do so.

Thanks. 

Any chance there will be an all black variant? 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm waiting for a label to call a black variant something like "Black/black color in color with black splatter"

That'd be some 10/10 shit

I'll edit this if I remember, but I swear I've seen that on some direct-from-label's release page before 

4 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

That style of describing it might actually convince people that those records are worth purchasing too.

I really don't understand the appeal of wanting a "normal black variant" besides being the people who wanna save $2 and think "black will always sound best"

.. its the equivalent of being the one dude at the party demanding country music be played when the music is already good and everyone is enjoying themselves...

i have 300+ records, most of which are all types of colors, wanna know the color that sounds the worst? BLACK

Edited by ethereal

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

I really don't understand the appeal of wanting a "normal black variant" besides being the people who wanna save $2 and think "black will always sound best"

.. its the equivalent of being the one dude at the party demaning country music be played when the music is already good and everyone is enjoying themselves...

i have 300+ records, most of which are all types of colors, wanna know the color that sounds the worst? BLACK

lol, no.  You need a bigger sample size, and your analogy is dumb.

This doesn't need retreading here, but there are loads of reasons why people what black records, and yes, sound quality is one of them. Will all black copies sound better than color copies? No. But there is a greater chance of issues with splatters and other crazy color combos. On top of that, did you ever think that some people may think the splatters and tri-split records just look dumb? 

I have some black records that sound like shit, and some swirls that sound great. I'm going for black almost every time though.