PO: Eluvium - Copia and Talk Amongst The Trees Reissues

fish

To commemorate the 20th anniversary of Temporary Residence Ltd. – and the upcoming 10th anniversary of Eluvium's breakthrough album, Copia – we are releasing both Copia and Talk Amongst The Trees on deluxe, limited edition vinyl. Both albums have been remastered for vinyl, both are packaged in full-color heavyweight jackets with full-color heavyweight inner sleeves, and both are pressed onto audiophile-quality 100% virgin vinyl. We also made a small run of colored vinyl for Copia (edition of 500), available exclusively via the Temporary Residence webstore!

ELUVIUM
Copia
TRR110 2xLP, Limited Edition Colored Vinyl 2xLP, CD, Digital Album

Pre-Order Here: https://www.temporaryresidence.com/products/trr110

LIMITED EDITION VINYL PRE-ORDER! VINYL FORMAT WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND JANUARY 20, 2017!

Originally released on CD and Digital formats only, Copia was eventually available on vinyl exclusively as part of the Life Through Bombardment Vol. 1 box set. With that set long out of print, we are delighted to finally reissue this stunning album on vinyl in a limited edition of 2,000 copies. Remastered for vinyl by Francesco Donadello at Calyx Mastering, this 2xLP set is packaged in a full-color wide-spine jacket with dual heavyweight full-color inner sleeves, and pressed onto audiophile-quality 100% virgin vinyl.

Following a string of increasingly remarkable albums, Eluvium's Matthew Cooper set out to broaden his instrumental palette, while maintaining the uncanny emotional resonance that has become his trademark. The result is Copia, an hour-long epic that applies Eluvium's heartache-inducing ether to a symphony of strings, brass, keyboards and piano. Noticeably absent but hardly missed are the washes of guitars that color most of Eluvium's previous material. The deliberate exclusion of traditional rock instrumentation serves as sufficient proof that the instrument is not Eluvium's driving force. At best it is a catalyst, a vehicle to that netherworld in the back of your head, where your life starts to uncontrollably reevaluate itself.

LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL: MARBLED AQUAMARINE COLORED VINYL (EDITION OF 500)

VINYL FORMAT INCLUDE MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON INSIDE PACKAGE

TRACK LISTING
1. Amreik
2. Indoor Swimming at the Space Station
3. Seeing You Off The Edges
4. Prelude For Time Feelers
5. Requiem on Frankfort Ave.
6. Radio Ballet
7. (Intermission)
8. After Nature
9. Reciting the Airships
10. Ostinato
11. Hymn #1
12. Repose In Blue

Pre-Order Here: https://www.temporaryresidence.com/products/trr110

--

ELUVIUM
Talk Amongst The Trees
TRR078 Limited Edition 2xLP, CD, Digital Album

Pre-Order Here: https://www.temporaryresidence.com/products/trr078

LIMITED EDITION VINYL PRE-ORDER! VINYL FORMAT WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND JANUARY 20, 2017!

Originally released on CD and Digital formats only, Talk Amongst the Trees was eventually available on vinyl exclusively as part of the Life Through Bombardment Vol. 1 box set. With that set long out of print, we are delighted to finally reissue this stunning album on vinyl in a limited edition of 2,000 copies. Remastered for vinyl by Roger Seibel at SAE Mastering, this 2xLP set is packaged in a full-color wide-spine jacket with dual heavyweight full-color inner sleeves, and pressed onto audiophile-quality 100% virgin vinyl.

Working with a limited palette of guitars and piano, Eluvium dropped Lambent Material, a masterpiece of aquatic drones and fractured neoclassical compositions, in 2003. He followed it a year later with a brief album of solo piano suites that turned everyone's expectations upside-down. Not quite classical and certainly not ambient in the common sense, An Accidental Memory in the Case of Death garnered the kind of jaw-dropping acclaim that typically overlooks like-minded minimalist artists. This was a breath of fresh air for Cooper, allowing him to dive deeper than ever before. Beneath the cold water glow, Talk Amongst the Trees is a soundtrack for exploring the surface of your own ocean, slow moving like the sand that runs through your fingers, and incandescent like the most unique creatures of the sea. Lacking most recognizable instrumentation (save the guitar mantra, "Taken"), Talk Amongst the Trees is an album that exists in its own fantastic landscape. Making no attempt to
  compete
with the world outside, it drags you inside your own subconscious, allowing sentimental thoughts and memories to pile up on themselves. As the hour-long journey progresses, details fall away until nothing remains but a warm, colorless – but intimately personal – abyss. We're not sure how he does it, but once again Eluvium creates a new and beautiful feeling.

VINYL FORMAT INCLUDES MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON INSIDE PACKAGE

TRACK LISTING
1. New Animals In The Air
2. Show Us Our Homes
3. Area 41
4. Everything To Come
5. Calm Of The Cast-Light Cloud
6. Taken
7. We Say Goodbye To Ourselves
8. One

Pre-Order Here: https://www.temporaryresidence.com/products/trr078

Edited by fish

24 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

$34 shipping.  $100 CAD to my door.  Nope.  God this hobby has been absolute fucking shit the past couple years.

Yeah shipping to Canada really sucks now. I shipped a single LP last week to Windsor which is only about 40 miles away from me and it costs $14 US with no tracking or anything.   So I can see shipping 2 double LPs costing  around $25US.

2 hours ago, parkinglot said:

Really wanted that colour LP of Copia, and was going to pick up Talk Amongst the Trees too.  $34 shipping.  $100 CAD to my door.  Nope.  God this hobby has been absolute fucking shit the past couple years.

That's brutal. I got a black and color copy of Copia for $44 shipped. 

Edited by NorthwayNative

• 1 month later...

The Copia colored is showing sold out for me on the TR website directly, but I followed the slyvinyl link and they accepted my order.  There may be a number that is put aside for slyvinyl referrals?

https://slyvinyl.com/genres/pop/eluvium-copia-limited-edition-of-500-marbled-aquamarine-2000-black-vinyl-2xlp

17 hours ago, jackshidt said:

The Copia colored is showing sold out for me on the TR website directly, but I followed the slyvinyl link and they accepted my order.  There may be a number that is put aside for slyvinyl referrals?

https://slyvinyl.com/genres/pop/eluvium-copia-limited-edition-of-500-marbled-aquamarine-2000-black-vinyl-2xlp

Not that I'm aware of...

Looks in stock for me. TRL shop seems buggy for some. Just saw the same issues with that last Pinback 12".  Tons of "it's sold out" comments before it actually was.

Edited by EHughes527